the weirdest thing happened last night

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
PuttyInGodsHand

Post by PuttyInGodsHand » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:47 pm

I was sitting on my couch playing with my laptop and suddenly my left arm starting beating/pulsating right above my elbow. It was going to so hard I could see it rise and fall. Is that strange or what? Does that mean I may have a blockage or something?

New_Nana

Post by New_Nana » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:03 pm

i have the same thing happen to me i went to see my doctor cause i also thought i had a blockage they did a stress test and everything was fine i think the anxiety does strange things to our bodys

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:34 pm

I don't think it was in the exact same place but I too have had that happen to me. Especially in my legs and my neck. Try mentioning it to your dr. the next time you go if possible, but, most likely there is nothing to worry about.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 am

I had the exact same thing happen in the exact same location while I was typing at work...multiple times! Not sure if it was a concidence or not, but after I cut back on the caffeine and started exercising regularly, I haven't had that problem again.

Hope yours gets resolved! Try not to stress - just monitor it and if it persists, report it to your doctor on your next visit.

Best wishes,
Dawn

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:11 am

Hey gang,
Don't forget human blood vessels (arteries and veins) are muscle wrapped tubes and our body responds to almost any stress by squeezing down to raise the blood pressure to prepare us to fight or run. It's not unusual for small areas of the body to react to low level stress (think of the neck or the forehead when you have a stress headache). FYI: I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV! :D Hope this helps...

Love, Peace and Serenity,

Bear

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 am

Muscle twitch due to position of arm or neck- where the plexus of nerves supplies the arm muscles. Nothing to worry about!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”