i am really sturggling with anxiety, panic, and depression

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:01 am

good morning,
have your read lucinda's book, from panic to power? if not, get on amazon.com and order it today. it' a WONDERFUL read and i think will help you. good luck and you will get through these challenges with this program and with all of us. :)
jeanie

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:22 am

Rosie4,
Hi, I can totally relate. You will love this program and this program will work with out meds. One thing you will learn right away is THAT YOU DO HAVE CONTROL .... AND you cant give your mind the power to take over. This program has tought me to regain control of my mind and whats in it...and im only 2 weeks into the program and have already cut my medication in half. Im very excited bout getting off the meds. It sounds like you ordered the program just in time. Be patient and you wont need meds. Everyday i wake up im so excited to learn something new to keep the panic and anxiety away or under control.
And remember YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS. Some people need the meds some dont. Im determined to be one that does not.
Best of luck...take care and remember you are in control of your own mind. Youll understand this all sooo much better once the program arrives.

honeydew3

Post by honeydew3 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:35 am

Good morning! I am new to this forum and am also waiting for my special "package" to come in the mail. I almost didn't order it because I didn't think I could afford it, but I have a feeling the investment with be more than worthwhile. I too have struggled with panic attacks/anxiety/depression off and on through most of my life. Although, I did not know what was wrong with me until 16 years ago when while at a family get together I was hit by one of the most fierce panic attacks I had ever had. I was so scared I just wanted to stay away from everyone an fhide, which I now know is a big mistake. Anyways, I went to my dr and after about a month of suffering she prescribed me Xanax and Prozac. The meds helped after I finally convinced myself to take them. I worked and still do work in a pharmacy and know the stigma attached to people on psych meds. I went to therapry and eventually felt better, I thought I was cured. I was wrong. In the years in between then and now I have had a few more bouts and have always come out of them, a little shaky but I thought I had it beat. Now, once again here I am with all the classic symptoms and I am once again asking, why...why me...why now? I have read Lucinda's book "From Panic to Power" and I recommend it as a step towards recovery. I still have many, many questions that I need to have answered...like when I am having a "good" day why does it feel so strange and if I decide to let myself enjoy it, why do I fear I am bipolar? Do I have to focus on the main issue all the time until I can find and answer? Or, can I give myself permission to take time off and read another kind of book, or zone out in front of the TV? I have a therapist again, but he is not very available to me so these questions roll around mt head until my next appointment. Any suggestions? I am ever so glad I found this place...I feel more hopeful than I have in a while. : )

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”