New to the progam and uneasy about starting the progam

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
BrianP

Post by BrianP » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:58 am

Hi my name is Brian, i just receive the progam today. I just am worrying right now as i start the progam is this really normal for anyone starting the progam the first time.
I would also like to know if anyone have any great tips i could follow. and their own personal experience wit hthe progam so far

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi Brian
I had a nervous and anxious and happy feeling all at the same time. It was like, "in my hands are the tools that could change my life!" and it was intense. So I put it all away in the box except the first box sessions 1-4 so that I wasn't so overwhelmed by the whole box of stuff. I am redoing it again since i didn't really journal like I was supposed to. But I have made many strides towards recovery and am getting my self esteem and hope back.
Keep at it and keep posting your thoughts and questions and you will see that there is very often someone who totally relates to you.
Take Care,
Jill~

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:27 am

Hi Brian,
I know how you feel. When I first got the program, I let it sit in the box for a long while and just looked at it. I think I was still hoping it would all just go away somehow. When I decided to start it, I was really nervous. Then when I watched the starter DVD, Lucinda said something about how it might have been anxiety-inducing just to do this first step and how that was ok. That touched me and made me feel like she really might understand and maybe this really could help me. I am in the middle of working thorugh the program now and still have struggles to figure out and work through, but the things I have learned about and the progress I've made so far(such as: feeling like I understand this better, starting to see how change is possible, feeling comfortable enough to talk about it, knowing that I'm not crazy or alone) - I would never give that up. Keep going. It will not feel so strange after a while. I just signed up for peer support today because I have been too shy about it until now, but it feels good. It will probably become comforting to hear the lessons. I know it is for me at this point. It took some time, but now I love hearing the voices and seeing the faces I have come to recognize so well. It is really nice to hear the group sessions of people who have gone through this as well as learning from Lucinda.
Best of luck,
EllaRose

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:55 pm

I'd advise you not to "cheat" and skip to sessions that you really feel like you need right now. Sometimes the anxious are the most impatient people! Trust that the program is laid out in a certain order for a reason.

Also, someone in my group talked about putting all the homework assignments in a spreadsheet so that she could make sure she was finishing them. I keep my homework list handy to refer to during the day and at night. It's really nice to see the progress I make as I cross off the completed items.

Lastly, finish the entire program, even if you think you are "cured" half way through. Give yourself the benefit of the extra practice and thought replacement by completing the whole thing. You owe it to yourself.

Good luck!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:45 am

Hi Brian, like you I am also anxious about the program..I have been listening to the relaxation tape and saw one video already and it has already started diffusing my panic episodes..so I am hopeful, Les

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm

I receive my package about 5 weeks ago and just opened it today. I blame it on procrastination but it is probably more like anxiety. Could it be that I don't want to change even though I am so miserable?

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Hello,

I'm "anxiously" awaiting my package :roll: and am so glad to see that I'm not the only one whose feeling like (or did feel like) this.

Big sigh of relief...

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:49 am

Hi Brian
I was nervous to and I am in session 6 and I still have ups and downs but I just keep thinking of the end results how much better we will feel at last!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:10 pm

I started Monday and feel the same way. I haven't been able to start a journal yet and sometines think it is yet "another" on an already too long "to-do" list. But I'm going to keep trying...

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:52 pm

New to the program. My head is spinning with daily life. This is my last try of defeating this monster. I will be back on tormorrow. I am uneasy because this has been going on a long time. I mostly kept it under wraps.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”