This is where I am, I am not ashamed!!!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:52 pm

That is very interesting as I've considered the CBT in the same way. I mostly raised myself and was not taught many things like how to express myself or deal with conflict. The great thing about CBT is you can impliment new beliefs and change old ones.

I'm glad you brought this up as it is good to not only know that someone else thinks the same way but also to empower this belief more. Thank you.

I'm sure there will be more healing coming our way :)

Mike aka Ninjafrodo

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 am

im on my 4th day with the program, i guess for three days before i was on pink cloud syndrome, it all seemed great, but then today i put in the tapes and started cleaning the house, and doing all the other ocd things i do without even realizing it. i caught myself when i was making the beds, and couldnt hear the tapes from the bedroom. your right about breaking habits. im still trying. please keep posting.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:13 am

This is a good realization and the first step to breaking an ocd. You're getting there and how bout we make a deal. If you continue to work through your OCD then i'll continue to post :)

Mike

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:33 am

Hi NinjaFrodo...Good for you for taking a different step to help yourself!! I'm glad also that it has been a positive step. It sounds too like becoming an inpatient may have been a challenge for you and you overcame it. Good for you!! :) You got over your fear of the other patients and realized that we don't need to judge others harshly because we never know what struggles they are having in their lives. I am sure you will make wonderful progress there Ninja and I look forward to reading any little helpful tidbits you wish to share. I also loved how you stated that you were in no position to play counciller. Very assertive, you know what you need and don't need right now. Sometimes it is very hard to tell others we cannot help them or listen to their probs because we are negatively affected by them. I sometimes joke that I need to get a degree in psychiatry so I can start charging people for "storing" their negativity..HAHA :D You will get NO pity from me Ninja, you don't want it and you certainly DO NOT need it. You are helping yourself and helping others and that is a wonderful thing. Keep us posted!! Your friend..Deanna

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:49 am

I know this response is a little late but thank you for the response. I did do well in there but i'm stil not where i'd like to be. All in due time.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”