Phobias, Obsessive thinking & Anxious thoughts, Lets play!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:54 am

So while i was out walking today I thought of a really good idea. For those courageous people out there that really want to recover (and i know there are many of you out there), I propose we play a little game.

As alot of you that have the program and are or have gone through it, there is one lesson about obsessive scary thoughts. In that lesson they talk about adding humor to the thought in order to defuse it's power.

So here's how it will go...One person will put up an obsessive thought (perferably one that they are really having difficultly with) and the rest of us comes up with a humorus replacement. We'll see how twisted we can make these thoughts (not like they aren't twisted already)

What this is going to do is it'll help anybody involved to defuse the power of obsessive thoughts as well as strengthen our creativity and sense of humor. That sounds pretty good don'tcha think?

I'll start us off, in the next post.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:55 am

I'm going to fall asleep and tell my deepest secrets. I will also miss my appointments and then I'll be screwed. People will take advantage of me while i'm asleep.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:58 am

My replacement;

I'll fall asleep on the subway and it will take me and drop me off in Narnia. I will wake up all confused & lost. I'll meet up with Mr.Tumnas. We'll have babies, he'll get me a job at the post office & we'll live happily ever after.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Come on, I know there are people out there who really want to get better. Theres gatta be some people willing to go along with this. Maybe some of the people who are familiar with my posts.

Mikie

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm going to wake up and everyone is gone. I'm going to forget where I am and be lost forever!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:38 am

Well thats a start but i think it could do with some more humor to it.

Maybe you wake up and your lost and you wind up on the carebears and you have a wild party with them and you introduce booze to them for the first time.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”