need help in getting started

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Ladybug43

Post by Ladybug43 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:50 am

I sent for the program and viewed the getting started booklet and can't seem to actually get started. I keep saying I'm gonna get started tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. Help me to stop the excuses and get started!! My depression is getting worse!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:00 pm

HI Ladybug43

If you don't start, you can't fail! Perhaps that is your subconscious strategy. The program will help you understand why those of us who have anxiety think as we do. The first few sessions removed a fear that I thought would overwhelm me!

Follow the guidelines, be honest with yourself. Take a good look at your fears and anger. Many fears are irrational and most anger is avoidable. These two emotions can trigger the highest levels of physical symptoms
that plague us daily.

Best wishes

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 am

Ladybug, I agree with OldeCodger about if you don't start, you can't fail. I was scared to feel any worse than I already was and anytime I am handed a HUGE project, I want to run away instead of taking it on. I've had the program since Oct of 08! I've started it finally and regret how long it took becaue of my fear and kept saying to myself that I will fell stronger tomorrow and start it. Well, tomorrow came and went. Pull the box out, hold it in your hands. Start reading the introduction and watch Lucinda's how to dvd. See how you feel. You just may get hooked!
God Bless you

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 am

I have started and already have learned things I should have known 20 years ago. Get started if you haven't yet. It cannot help us unless we do it. I know you want to get well and so do I.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:47 am

I too am a procrastinator. I couldn't find the time to start so I put the intro into the DVD player and played it over and over. When doing something else my attention gradually went to the video until I was so intriqued and felt compelled to watch the whole thing.
I play the relaxation tape at night. I do the exercises with my kids then have it repeat while I go to sleep.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”