Irregular Haertbeats with Anxiety

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Erick

Post by Erick » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:25 pm

I just wanted to0 know if irregur heartbeats are common with anxiety. I have suffered with anxiety fro 31/2 years and since them my blood pressure has to be controlled and I have irregular heartbeats at times. Does anyone have the same symptoms?

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Yes. Irregular heartbeats or PVC's are a symptom of panic disorder or panic attacks. This symptom in fact has caused me massive panic attacks. I used to go to the ER often with PVC's. The doctors would tell me why do you keep coming here? Everyone gets PVC's and you will just have to live with it. I did not believe them.

About 12 years ago, and a couple of years ago, I went through complete batteries of test with cardiologist to ensure the PVC's were benign including, a heart stress test, halter monitors, ultra sounds, etc. I had this testing on both occasions because at least one doctor each time felt that the PVC's needed to be looked into. Finally a cardiologist each time told me that I had no problems and I was fine. Knowing that I was fine helped me to live with them.

Even today, sometimes I will get strong irregular heartbeats or PVC's but I do not panic now like I used to after using this program.

I highly suggest you go to your doctor to ensure that you PVC's or irregular heartbeats are benign and to give you peace of mind.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”