Feeling Scared and Unsure

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
peaceandjoy7

Post by peaceandjoy7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:54 am

I was wondering if someone could lend a helping ear. I have panic disorder so occasionally I have panic attacks although they are very rare now. I am usually fine going about my business everyday unless I encounter a stressful situation like flying, getting on a bus or subway or going to the Dr's office, than my heart races and my blood pressure goes up. I wouldn't say it is a full fledged panic attack, but still it is scary. My problem is that I had an ultra sound the other day and without going into to much detail I fouund out that I am at risk for preterm labor because of a slight problem I have. I am only six months pregnant! I had to see the Dr. that day and I was told to follow up with him the next day for a test to determine if in the next two weeks I would go into labor. The test determines if your body is producing a hormone that is released prior to labor. Lucklily the test came back negative,but I still am at risk for preterm labor. I was given orders to stay home and take an easy until I see him again this coming Monday. I can't do any heavy cleaning, vaccuming, laundry etc. or work. I feel terrible. I am so worried about not knowing what is too happen. Even though it isn't my fault I feel terrible. I have a healthy active baby boy in my tummy who I want to provide a good life for and I don't want his life to be a risk or his health. When babies are born early there can be many complicatons that arrise. How can I turn this into possitive self-talk? I think the not knowing what is to happen is what bothers me so much.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 am

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

My sister was told that her baby would have Down's syndrome. Her hair fell out in patches from worrying so much.

Her child is almost 20yrs old now. NO down's syndrome, and healthy, with a healthy child of her own.

You have to pray to God and give him your problems and ask him to help you thru this.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:01 pm

You are going to have to take this one day at a time. I was 8 months pregnant when my Dr told me he needed to do an ultra sound because he thought my baby wasn't growing at the rate it should have been by the size of my belly and measurements they took back in the 80's. I had to wait over a week before it was schedule and I was a total wreck with all my worries. When my mind would start to wonder, I made myself think of anything else. I pushed it aside. I had no choice. I stopped talking to everyone about it except my Dr and when the time came for my ultrasound, she was fine! I delivered a healthy baby girl one month later.
I know what fear this creates. My heart goes out to you. Being patient with yourself during this is difficult, but please do.
Please keep us posted and God Bless you:)

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”