General Anxiety

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Bill Cowan

Post by Bill Cowan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 am

Mike is the only one on the CD's that discusses this. Anyone else have this problem?

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:30 am

I think more of them had generalized anxiety. But because they talked so much about specific symptoms and personality traits, it was hard to know who had which type.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:41 pm

I remember thinking that too. He was the only one who said that his anxiety was there every waking moment. I relate fulheartedly with that one. It's like this constant level of anxiety which can fluctuate during the day...especially if i'm faced with one of my limitations.

I agree with deedee00. If I had to guess who else might have had the generalized type anxiety i would think that 14 year old kid, the one who couldn't sleep and the lady who had the heart attack might have as well.

Was there anything specific about it you wanted to discuss Bill?

Mike

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:09 am

I just got Lucinda's book from panic to power and I wanted to quote something from it
Almost everybody with any type of anxiety problem experiences generalized anxiety.

I don't want to quote the whole book because of legal reasons but
This feeling can last for hours and is often accompanied by feelings of spaceyness, bewilderment, and confusion.

Mike

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:46 am

I can totally relate to all of this.When I was first told that I had anxiety by my Dr. 15 years ago he said that I had generalized anxiety with panic disorder.I'm in the process of recovering and have come along way but there is still times where I feel anxious on and off throughout the day.It's an on edge feeling.For me it comes down to trusting in God and giving myself more credit that I am able to control these feelings if I keep my mind focused on the positive and not let my mind race full speed with negative thoughts.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”