Need help..if new to program dont read..thank you

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
aj85

Post by aj85 » Mon May 25, 2009 4:14 am

I have had agraphobia and anxiety for the last 5 years..my anxiety has always been triggered by certain events.ex. going in a car or being scared of getting sick in a public place....For the last few months all I can think about is my anxiety..it no longer affects my life during certain evernts...now its always present..its the one thing im always thinking about..Even if I'm thinking positive..it feels as if it has consumed my life..I was never like this until starting the program...and I have completed the program ..im going the second time around..I feel as if I'm gettin worse..please help if you can..

Post by Guest » Mon May 25, 2009 4:41 am

aj,

Remember the part about layers? Since you've already done the program, this time dig deeper and look for those underlying layers. Your anxiety is telling you there is something underneath that you haven't dealt with yet.

Again, a therapist can really help you find those underlying issues. It is GOOD to have someone objective to bounce things off of.

Best wishes!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:22 am

Re-starting the program is always helpful because u re-study coping skills that maybe you've forgotten to practice.

Dont remember in what session but in most of them it emphasizes the point of "living the precious moment". When the thought that anxiety has consumed your life .. always remember to" live the precious moment". Do an extra effort to forget the past.. or at least an effort not to live in the past.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”