heart palipations

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 am

Hi Everyone, :) :) :)
I suffered from agoraphobia and "severe" panic attacks for 21 years of my life!!! I am now, doing a "refresher" course, since, it has been nearly 7 years, since I did the program!!!

Honestly, my heart did all of these things, and a (lot) more!!! It is just the "anxiety" and I am sure each of you have a "very healthy" heart!!!

I was totally "obsessed" with my heart!!! I would check and re-check it, since it did "very" strange things...

At rest, my heart-rate was over 100 bpm..

That has been over 21 years ago, and I must say that I learned the hard way, that it is very "normal" for anyone who suffers from "anxiety" to have heart flutters, palpitations, and a "very" fast heart rate!!!

Have a beautiful day, knowing that you are not going to have a heart-attack from a panic/anxiety attack!!!

I am sure each of you have a "very" healthy heart!!!

God bless each of you "tremendously" on your road to recovery!!! Much Love in Christ Jesus!!!

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2010 11:00 am

I also get the heart palpatations. That was a common cause of my panick attacks. I've been to the ER a few times and even had a heart monitor for a month. It's all because of the anxiety. When I start to get them I try to calm myself and just remind yourself it's the anxiety. You are fine.

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2010 1:40 pm

same here. when I get heart palps or sharp pains in my heart area it would scare me and cause panic attacks. after having 5 e.k.g.s and 2 ct scans of my chest to be told all was fine I conclude its part of anxiety (because I didnt have these problems before the anxiety started about 1 year ago). I also wondered if anyone else with anxiety had this problem and it is comforting that it does seem to be a symptom of anxiety.thanks for sharing that issue.

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2010 2:19 am

I also have the heart palpitations. My anxiety started about 4 years ago, got better and then has gotten worse in the past few months leading me to this program. The heart palpitaions always led to a panic attack. I wore a heart monitor and had a stress test and everything checked out fine. The only thing the cardiologist recommended was exercise. I have found that with just 30minutes a day for 3 days of the week, my resting heart rate has gone down. Now during and after the exercise my heart rate is up and I have to remind myself it is normal because I'm exercising. I always try to remind myself that it is the anxiety. Before the anxiety I couldn't tell you how fast my heart was beating at a given time. Just try to relax when it happens and keep breathing.

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2010 8:05 am

Originally posted by michelle37:
same here. when I get heart palps or sharp pains in my heart area it would scare me and cause panic attacks. after having 5 e.k.g.s and 2 ct scans of my chest to be told all was fine I conclude its part of anxiety (because I didnt have these problems before the anxiety started about 1 year ago). I also wondered if anyone else with anxiety had this problem and it is comforting that it does seem to be a symptom of anxiety.thanks for sharing that issue.
these are symptoms of panic. I had open heart surgery 1998 & the feeling are the same. I have had my heart checked so I just repeat its not my heart & these feelings will pass.

Post by Guest » Sat May 08, 2010 2:11 pm

I am so glad to hear that i am not going crazy :) i tried to quit smoking and found out that caffeine in large quantities can cause anxiety to kick into overdrive. i have been told now that i have always had an underlying anxiety disorder but the quitting smoking and the caffeine have made it much worse. i thought my heart palpations were from something else i am glad to hear that others have the same problem. my doctors tested everything they could think of and found nothing wrong. i have ordered the program, should be here any day. i am hoping that it helps. Thanks for all your posts it helps knowing that i am not alone in how i am feeling

Post by Guest » Mon May 10, 2010 5:33 am

Yes, but this program will not help you. The thing to is get a good muli-vitamin, omega -3, magnesium source. Good breathing excercises. Eat right no candy or m/m LOL

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”