heart palipations

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
paula50

Post by paula50 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:02 pm

i have been suffering from heart palpations constantly for a year and a half they run tests and say its anxiety has anybody else suffered this

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:12 pm

yes hun i do..iam having a fast heart rate know and it is freaking me out...

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:54 am

i feel for you i cant make them stop it really scares me i havent been able to take any kind of medicine to get rid of them hawthorn berrie and motherswart helps some my have been 24/7 for a year and a half they are driving me crazy

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:08 am

I have had them for 16 years. I was told by doctors that I have PVC's... not sure if its the same thing as heart palipations. My heart would like "flutter" or skip sometimes even quiver. Doctors put me on a beta blocker for high blood pressure and the PVC's. The PVC's are not life threatening. My heart actually beats to soon, I think. The beta blocker has really helped me with the pvc's. Maybe ask your doctor about it for heart palipations too. The med I am on is Metoprolol 50mgs ( which I take half in the AM and the other half at PM)I wish yall all the best and God bless.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 am

i have tryed about every one you can try ihave bad reactions to them the one i was able to take the longest was propranolol but i got so weak with it i couldnt get out of bed i am no good with any chemical medications i dont under stand why i cant take them thank you for your advice lol

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:10 pm

I don't know if it's palpitations but my doctor told me I have Atril-fibralation (sp?). He has been treating it with rythmol. He also tells me it is not life threatening. Although the first time it happened, he stopped and restarted my heart to get it back into normal rhythm.
Since I started the program, I have become convinced that it is brought on by my anxiety. I hope that when I have "regained control" that I may be able to eliminate the medication.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:20 am

I wish us all good health and I think its important that we all find what works for each individual. The beta blocker has worked well for me so far. I was tired at first but now it seems to be leveled off and I do feel somewhat better. Today has been a good day for me. I live one day at a time now. I will not live in the future cause that caused me to be so nervous. I try to stay in the moment and use good self talk and a positive attitude. God bless us all.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:33 pm

I have wicked chest pains. I have also had all kinds of tests and they tell me everything is fine. I can't stand the chest pains. They freak me out. I am on the program and it works. I am off of depression med and I only take .25 mg of Xanax in the morning. I've been cutting down and I'm having no problems. Most of my symptoms are gone. I have a little numbness and lightheadedness on occasion but I can use the breathing method or change my thoughts, ride it out and it goes away quickly BUT.....the chest pains...I hate them, They've had me in tears sometimes. They soooooooo frustrate me. I don't know if it's flutters or what but I get sharp pains on both sides of my chest and sometimes have to catch my breath...like I stop breathing for a second. Also my whole chest and sometimes ribs HURT to the touch. Anyone familiar with this and any suggestions? PLEASE....I need help with this. I've even been going to a core physical therapist and he's helped me with the tension and a lot of the other symptoms but can't quit get the chest pains yet.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:21 pm

I get them as well had 3 EKGs done, nothing wrong but a little arrythmia. PVCs occur, they can be scary but benign. Just keep telling yourself that when you get them.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 am

Hi Everyone, :) :) :)
I suffered from agoraphobia and "severe" panic attacks for 21 years of my life!!! I am now, doing a "refresher" course, since, it has been nearly 7 years, since I did the program!!!

Honestly, my heart did all of these things, and a (lot) more!!! It is just the "anxiety" and I am sure each of you have a "very healthy" heart!!!

I was totally "obsessed" with my heart!!! I would check and re-check it, since it did "very" strange things...

At rest, my heart-rate was over 100 bpm..

That has been over 21 years ago, and I must say that I learned the hard way, that it is very "normal" for anyone who suffers from "anxiety" to have heart flutters, palpitations, and a "very" fast heart rate!!!

Have a beautiful day, knowing that you are not going to have a heart-attack from a panic/anxiety attack!!!

I am sure each of you have a "very" healthy heart!!!

God bless each of you "tremendously" on your road to recovery!!! Much Love in Christ Jesus!!!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”