New Revelation

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:03 am

I never knew a year and a half ago that I would be learning so much about my self. I think at the time(starting program) that it was going to fix the problems. I would learn how to fix it and go on. I never knew that it would be such an awesome and sometimes scarey self discovery.

I have always worried about what people thought of me. worrying about what they might say. I realized last night that I have worried soooo much that I have given up alot of my life to this. Why! that is what I'm now seeking an answer for...why!

It's took me a 1yr.1/2 to understand what Lucinda has said about..."being happy feels strange not normal". I'm not beating myself up about the time it took just realizing that this journey is far from over.

Back in the spring I started working out and eating healthier. To my amazement I lost 20lbs. but for some reason it scared me, so i stopped exercising but still ate right. I have kepted the weight off...wooo hooo!

in late July I had a few panic attacks while on vacation. I fell in a deep depression which lasted really until now. I have only posted once since then until now.
I think it's helped just getting this all out.
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi KarenLeigh,

Thank you for sharing this. Like you, I am amazed at how much I've learned about myself through this program. My dad bought it for me a few years ago and immediately I began learning so much about who I am and how I operate. Unfortunately, feeling free and happy was scary for me, so the progress I've made, though solid, has been limited. The biggest challenge for me is sticking with the program for all 15 weeks. My last attempt was in July, but my enthusiasm petered off within a few weeks.

Today I return to the program. As part of my refreshed commitment to the program I am actively involving myself in this online community to develop a network of support with like-minded individuals. I need to stay reminded that I'm not alone. I also want to encourage others to press on. This time around I'm determined to go all the way through the program from begining to end.

I agree: "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world". We will make it.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”