Hi my name is...

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Phoenix2010

Post by Phoenix2010 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I didn't know where the "peer support" group was. Apparently, I was posting to the archived forums or something. I was wondering why all the posts dated back so far, but today I stumbled across this. Oh, how easily I am misguided!

Anyway, glad I found you guys. I have been reading the topics, most of which I definately relate to. I look forward to participating in the program (I am starting Week 2) and in the online forum. More to come later, for now, I am exhausted and I can't bear to look at the computer screen any longer!!

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Phoenix2010 Dont feel bad...I got lost too when I first came on.....welcome to the site, we are all rowing the same boat....and are all here to help you out!!!! creamcheese

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 am

Hi I'am just starting this program and am very lost and frustrated. I seem to have many issues and am not sure where to begin I keep reminding myself how messed up I really am I did not know my stress anxiety depression all these things is an illness and needs addressed I am very scared and want help but not by doctors and drugs I would like to share my history with someone so I can deal with whatever this is and live a normal exciting life. I guess I should start with a name for my self You all have really cute names. I like the name cream cheese I have a cat that looks like your picture. Thank for making me laugh.So since I love cats and have 3of my own I will start my peer support with my name as Catlover.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:29 am

Iam back already. I really do not know much about getting around on a computer which is one of my phobias that I stress out about and causes much anxieties.When I hit post now I saw my name as meriam well I did not want this name to be posted and do not want to be known as meriam guess the cat is out of the bag oh well what do I do now to change this And now I just embarassed myself Way to start

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:16 am

Catlover(meriam) Dont feel bad about the computer, I sit here like a moron at times trying to get my computer to run right, I am having trouble with a spammers on my hotmail address. Have to deletee so much junk. My avatar is actually more like YODA my overweight orange tabby..when I saw that picture I thought it was so funny. Puff creamcheese is my other long haired cream colored cat.Hence my avatar name, I also have Smokee Blue and Shadow.....a house full really. I love them so much. If you want to change your name click onto Edit, my profile...it should come up with your info. I had a tough time too, but I sit here like a nerd and work out things until it satisfys me. Hope this helps.......creamcheese

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 am

catlover...forgot to initially tell you that you can click on your name in one of your posts and your profile should come up....sorry about that....creamcheese

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 am

Cream cheese thanks for the help to change my name this fits me so much better since it is really the truth

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:55 am

cream cheese: ok so now what I have two names and by the way in all honesty both are fictitious how do I get rid of Meriam. Oh hec really does'nt matter I wrote somewhere else with Meriam. I'am still playing with this whole thing trying to figure it out and fit in. I never would have seen myself writing letters or doing any thing on a computer except pay bills online so eventually I may work through this phobia "I hate computers " cant really type to good either and sound like a hik must be a red neck. Keep in touch I will figure out how to put a picture on here. I want to get one of all three of my children but it is really hard to get when there cats and one is well what can I say she is the only female and the first one in my home she has been invaded by two others and just dealing with it. It's really funny she is alot like me. STRESSED! By the way she Freedom is her name fits her to a tee has been on drugs for stress, anxiety too.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi Pheonix2010 how are you, did not mean to exclude you. Are you feeling better today? I am trying to figure all this out myself and find a peer support group It took me a while to even start this thing I really did not trust or still not sure of it but I do want help so I guess this is where it begins. I am still on session 1 seem to be stuck there. I have had a real hard time since I started this whole program not to sure if I am even doing it right. I wrote somewhere about my confussion waiting to see if anyone wants to be bothered with responding. Just trying to get my feet wet and get well Baby steps remember those I dont I get myself all flustered and try taking 5 steps at a time thats me I want it and I want It now. I hope to find some friends through this peer support I hav none. Just relocated started a job right away that did not pan out thats another story I already quit probably because of this crap they call stress anxiety depression it really stinks and makes life miserable for loved ones as well as us. Got to fix it now that I am aware of it. Kinda like alcoholism got to get out of denial and realize there is a problem. With all problems there is a resolution I hope this program is mine.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi, my name is Teresa. I posted to another forum also - not realizing this is where I needed to be. I just started the program. After listening to the first CD, I had so much anxiety, that I did not want to deal with lesson 1 at all. I went on to the 2nd CD and I will say it helped me a lot. I have general anxiety. It comes and goes. It usually comes when I have to give a speech or I am talking in front of a large group of people (meetings, etc.) I really hope this program works. I am so tired of feeling this way.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”