disappointed in myself

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
cj29

Post by cj29 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 am

I started this program Nov 2007 and I just stopped after session 3or4. The reason that I decided to pick it up again is because I recently ended a 4 year affair with a co-worker. Since then I have been having panic attacks. I feel like I can't breath and like if I am going to lose it. I know that I didn't have any future with this person. I just don't know why I am having these panic attacks. This entire weekend I couldn't even leave my apt. I know I have been living a lie these last four years and I guess I have to pay for my sins. I just feel worthless.

When I look back on things that is one of the reasons that I got involved with this person. I was having a hard time at my job and I felt worthless. My co-worker was always there with me and I just felt at least someone wants me. The affair was just stupid. I realized long ago I needed to end it. But know I feel even worse then before it started. I am trying to get my life back on track but these panic attacks have me stuck.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:47 pm

CJ, there is no paying for anything..the past is gone..live in the present moment..start the program over as the first sessions deal with panic and cant leave home stuff. I was just like you minus the affair but when I get panic symptoms I can always stop it with "the 6 steps"
use them. Face your fears and go out..you will get your life back too..Bass

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 am

Thanks Bass
I have never had them so bad. I did start the program again from the beginning and trying to do the relaxation cd twice a day. I am going to try to stick to the program this time. good luck with program.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”