Help... Suggestions? Questions?

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 am

hey Mike
Do u think that the nervous racey feeling within is anxiety also? I feel like im racing 24 /7 sometimes now. Not s much panicking,but i knw if i dont calm myself down i can work myself up into anxiety or panic.
smetimes i wake up nervous and that just starts the day.which is horrible

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

yes, racing is part of anxiety. When we have anxiety we are in fight or flight mode. When we are racing we are fighting to get things done fast. I also have this issue where i feel like i'm racing from the time i wake up till the time i go to sleep but it's getting less and less as I focus on accepting that there is no emergency and that some things take time. The feeling is definately horrible i agree.

The main thought i work with is "this is going to take forever" and I often have to say "I accept that this might take forever and thats ok" and it really does work. It's something i learned from Mindfulness meditation. This is what keeps my anxiety alive. I don't have much panicing either unless i have severe financial problems or if i have to find a new job or place to live.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”