Ninjafrodo's Fear Facing Video Version

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Ninjafrodo2

Ninjafrodo's Fear Facing Video Version

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:40 pm

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Mike and I go by the handle Ninjafrodo....I bought this program and started using it in 2004. It became th and have been on and off with it over the years. I have gone through the program many many times and each time I gained a bit more growth. I have also since then experienced many other different sources of self-improvement and self-growth and of course we all know that life happens and that life tests us. Well I've come a really long way but there are still many things that I struggle with however, because of everything I've learned, I am able to face these things now.

This year (2014) I actually decided to dedicate it to facing my fears and I've done pretty good so far...I have walked outside without my headphones on and music that would distract me, I have got myself up and did karaoke and had been consistent with that for several months, I've faced confrontation type situations, I started to make youtube videos and now I just started at a school for improv (which by the way improv is extremely high on my anxiety list).

I am not telling you these things just to brag or gloat, I'm telling you these things so you know a little bit about where I am right now with my healing process and so you have an awareness that this is a struggle for me and I want to show you guys my journey through my struggles and see that it can be done and see how the process works...I wish there was someone like that who was doing this before when I first started on this program and well I'm going to be that person for you guys and hopefully I can inspire courage in you guys that are struggling and are looking for the answers and looking for what they need to move forward....I know we can all use any extra help when it comes to these things because they really aren't the easiest things to do.

So, I've started to record myself with these limitations for the benefit of you guys and anybody else struggling. There will be some videos that I have not been able to record in the middle of the anxiety situation but in those cases I'll give you a before and after but in the others, you'll see it as it happens.

I hope this comes in very handy for you guys who will be watching this...sometimes you need to work up the courage before-hand and I hope I can be apart of that :)

My first youtube post will be up hopefully within a few hours of this post...in it you'll be hearing me talk about my anxiety before my first improv class and then you'll hear me talk about what happened afterwards...enjoy!

Mike

Ninjafrodo2

Re: Ninjafrodo's Fear Facing Video Version

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:41 pm

the video took many hours to upload so I couldn't post until today...sorry for the delay but here it is....

The before and after of my first day at improv class....you get to see how I was before facing the fear....I give you the level of anxiety I was at and a brief about my attempts to expose myself to anxiety situations from this past year...you then get to hear about how it went after...check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfZ2aUy ... xisz5w4d0k

Mike

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Mike, kudos to you. That was a great video,you can really tell the difference in your anxiety levels.Again congratulations. :mrgreen:

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:09 pm

thank you, randy c. Funny enough I actually never even paid attention to that when I had watched the video but I think you're right.

My next improv class type video will be out on tuesday....however I may make some other videos just sharing my insights which you guys are all welcome to watch if you'd like....no pressure.

Mike

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 pm

oh and i'm also planning to do a heights one in the near future, when I get money to afford to go up the CN Tower as well as one of those heart monitor watches....I'm going to try to make it as realistic as I can to help people get into the experience as well as help show non-anxious people what its like to go through an anxiety attack.

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:38 am

Day 2 of Improv class for anxiety
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnk4yRJhBW0

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Sorry there was an unforeseen technical issue that has arisen when it has come to uploading on youtube, therefore I haven't been able to present you the 3rd day of improv but i'm working on that and will upload the video once the issue is resolve which i'm hoping will be within the next couple days

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:50 pm

My day 3 of the improv experience is finally up after alot of hassel...here ya go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xURzwHhqqY

Mike

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Today is tuesday and here is the video (Improv for anxiety class day 4)...or I should say videos as I had to split it into 2 parts....part1 has a link to part2 at the end of the video that'll take you directly there...enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRKsxO3Pdq8

Mike

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Its Tuesday and that means another episode of improv classes....Its day 5 today and in today's video I talk about the chances I've been seeing within myself between last week and this week outside of class....I'm not as scared, I'm becoming more confident and I give at least 1 example of howthat was evident in my life....Also I give a few insights and talk a bit about things that need to be worked on....so check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV-QCD_drUY

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”