im scared

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
erica08

im scared

Post by erica08 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:46 pm

hi everyone, lately i have been having scary feelings of what if i start hearing voices or that i may develop schizoprenia. i mean i day dream alot and am forgetful. sometimes i don't even know all the details of what i did last week. Also when im telling a friend a story that i heard i can't remember where i heard it from i have to think hard. i always think wait did i hear it from the news or another friend or was it just a dream? my question is, is this part of anxiety?

S3anne

Re: im scared

Post by S3anne » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm sorry that you are going through this, but you are in the right place for help. Are you in the Program? Have you heard from a Coach yet? I'd start there, but just from personal experience, I'm sure it is anxiety. I remember before I started the Program my first time 10 years ago that I was afraid of the same things & scaring myself. And most recently, I can relate to your feeling forgetful - especially when it comes to my listening/talking to other people. It's like I zone out and can't keep my mind in the moment, especially when someone is talking to me & I often forget conversations from yesterday and my husband gets annoyed and I feel scared like I'm getting Alzheimer's at 35 years old (no joke, just actual scary thoughts). But I know that it will get better and it usually does just boil down to anxiety & negative self-talk...
Hopefully, you'll get in touch with someone here soon.

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:20 pm

it sounds like anxiety,i know i had similar symptoms.our problem is we dwell or obsess too much.use the relaxatoin cd when you can. :)

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:25 pm

sometimes it helps to chat about it. visit the mini chat ,share your symptoms with others.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”