Scary Symptoms

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Aus

Scary Symptoms

Post by Aus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi, I am new... I have never suffered anything like this in my life until 5 months ago I had my first panic attack, since then I have had 9 and each time have ended up in the hospital... I have generalised anxiety everyday as well as panic attacks and the symptoms are over whelming.... I have been put on a beta blocker for my heart as it pounds so hard and constantly... I have had every test known to mankind and they have all come back clear... In the last 5 months I have had a stress echo test with ultrasound, over 20 ecgs and 3 24 hour heart monitors all of which have come back clear, but I am still obsessed that there is something wrong with my heart and they've missed something... I am terrified I am going to die and obsess about it constantly.... I also would like to know if pains in the chest are normal just with anxiety without a panic attack??? Thanks so much, still trying to get my head around what is going on with me....

Samanthasicknes

Re: Scary Symptoms

Post by Samanthasicknes » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:43 pm

hi im sam i have felt ur pain i am young (21) so i know i am ok but i know how scary it is .what i keep telling my slef is that its apart of this condishion i know it is weather or not i want to belive it . after a little time it stoped. what it was is i stoped thinking about my heart and i focused my enrgy on what was going on around me . i had to stop looking inward stop asking my self what was wrong and start asking others what i could do .takeing action is so much better then just thinking about how i feel .

randy c.

Re: Scary Symptoms

Post by randy c. » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Aus,how are you doing with the program? I hope all is well.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”