Anxiety while on vacation?

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Mikki1968

Anxiety while on vacation?

Post by Mikki1968 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:11 pm

My anxiety levels had improved so much most days 0-1. But right before going on vacation I started feel more anxious. I was going with my husband to visit my cousins from out of state whom I love and we always have the best times. We only see them 2x a year. But the whole time I just was so anxious. Even now being back I'm still anxious. I don't understand. I guess I thought being off from work would be a good thing. My husband thinks its because I'm out of my routine. As I am a creature of habit.

coachchris

Re: Anxiety while on vacation?

Post by coachchris » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi Mikki,

This is Coach Chris (female) from the coaching team here at Stress. Congratulations on having success with the program and your lower adrenalin levels. Well done!!

Your husband sounds like a wise man :) When we get out of routine our 'control' issues like to creep in.

You said you started feeling anxious right before vacation. Was this excitement, how did your self-talk change, and are you fearing the adrenalin or accepting it? Remember to always use your 6 steps from lesson 2.

I look forward to your reply.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris

Mikki1968

Post by Mikki1968 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi Coach Chris. I was excited to go away. But I find any change in my routine even the smallest thing gets me. Now today for whatever reason I was so anxious all day. I was at work. No one knew. And I tried distracting myself from the anxiety. I think my biggest problem keeping me from recovery is that I'm still afraid of the anxiety. That rush of adrenalin still frightens me. I am trying not to beat myself up. But it seems every time I'm moving forward I get knocked back again.

Mikki1968

Post by Mikki1968 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Oh and then I worry that it won't go away. Even though my anxiety levels had gotten so low. Ugh!

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Let's talk and get you out of this negative cycle. I will PM you and we can set something up:)
Coach Chris

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”