I need help

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Anthony100

I need help

Post by Anthony100 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:04 pm

About four an a half years ago when my daughter was born. I couldn't make it on a plane to go see here she was premature 2.6pounds I'm from Maui Hawaii an I haven't been able to get on a plane since then. Me anxietys an panic attacts started. A fiest I could Handel it but not enough. During the start of my problem I lost my girlfriend. She couldn't Handel the fact that I couldn't watch my daughter with out freaking out. Family trips to the other side of the island I would freak out trying to go so I didn't end up making it. I lost my girlfriend an my daughter because she couldn't Handel my anxietys. My life with anxiety an panic attacks go control. I live on a beautiful island an I can't go to the beach an have a good time. I'm on session 4 on the program. I don't know if it's just me or what but it seems as if my anxietys is getting worse. I take naps so it will go away. Or I'm not doing the program right. I don't take pills but I need help now.

BlueD

Re: I need help

Post by BlueD » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 am

Im sorry your having a bad time. I have anxiety and panic attacks 2 and I have trouble going on trips 2. I am on session 6 of the program but I also have a Dr appointment in a few days bcus I am going to try meds. I have tried doing this for a while with out the meds but I am going to give em a try!

Anthony100

Post by Anthony100 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 pm

That's what I was thinking about to. Being stuck in this house always feeling tired not being able to run long an fare. I'm over it my life is not the same. Living in a box trying to do my is the hardest thing I'm going through.meds I just freak out trying to tale it.

donargen

Post by donargen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi
I'm reading your post and if I am correct my understanding is that the program is not helping you. That is so disappointing since I am afraid to take the meds. I suffer from general anxiety and obsessive thinking. My world has become smaller and smaller. Have people really been cured with this program????

Anthony100

Post by Anthony100 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:18 pm

I don't know if the program works or now but it's worth trying too me. Meds would be my last resort! Everything I read in the guide book has been true too me so far. I'm not a quitter I well not quit just because! So far so good all I'm asking is help so I can move forward in my recovery.. My native thinking at first was how can this $250 dollar program help me with out other people helping me. Till I reached session 3. That made my want more of this program but I know now I need help an understanding from others like me

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 am

I have been doing the program for a while and I can say that it helps you as much as you put in. If you follow all the steps and all the homework and workbook and listen to all the cds when you are supposed to then I think it will help but it takes a lot of work and its not easy. I can tell I am a lot better bcus this program has taught me a lot about anxiety and why I have it. Is this a quick fix? No! Good luck to you!!

Anthony100

Post by Anthony100 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:31 am

Thank u blueD it means a lot getting good feed back! I'm trying an letting people know about my feelings is not easy. I've never done this befor I'm real new at this an being positive is a hole new jeroney for me. I plane on staying this way for the rest of my life I'm ready for a new me an a better me. With the help of this program an the help from you positive people out there suffering from the same thing as me. I felt all alown in my little world till I finley opened up my program. Session 4 is really hard. My comprehensive level is not that great. That's why I need help. Thanks for understanding

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Have you cut down your caffeine and sugars yet? A lot of ppl say that helps a lot. I have been drinking a lot of water and I only have one dr.pepper in the mornings. I have also been walking about a mile a day. I cant really tell that its helping with my anxiety yet but everyone says it will help in a few weeks so im giving it a try, I have a dr app this week also and im really nervous about it. I am going to ask about getting on meds bcus I know this program is helping but I think I need a little help. I don't feel bad about taking meds bcus if I have a head ache I take med or if I have a cold I take meds so I don't see this being any different and I sure don't think it makes us weak for taking them. I know a lot of ppl feel so different about this but I feel you know whats best for you so if you ever want to try meds then do it. Let us know how you are doing!! :D

donargen

Post by donargen » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Can someone help with the positive thoughts. My life right now is very lonely. I work in a depressing atmosphere (can't find another job because of economy) and my mother has the end stages of alzheimers. I know there are worse things but these are the things I think about, over and over.

Anthony100

Post by Anthony100 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 am

@BlueD. That's my next step is cutting down on my suger an start talking walks. For exercise I try to go to a store I'm comfterble an walk around in there for as Long as I can. Small steps for me an it's working. I try my best to think happy thoughts from when I wake up in the morning. I lesion to my session 4 cd everyday as much as possible along with the relaxation cd. It helps me think as positive as I can.
@donargen. Positive thoughts is kinda tricky for me. If I'm thinking nagitive thoughts then I would randomly say something positive out loud to where I can here my self and another positive this back to back its been helping me so fare. I would say something like I love my self or I can beat this. Randome positive sayings after a negative thought u should try it. I am real lucky with work I'm a plumber by triad an a t shirt printer by train. Owners of company's call me an ask me if I want to work. I let a lot of them know that I have this problem an it's not easy but they understand. I'll always have a job once I get over this condetion I have with anxiety. I have a real good girlfriend that supports me an is by my side for my recovery. It's not easy but I know I have to do me first now. With help from people that are suffering to makes it easer for me knowing I'm not alone. Thanks for the support everybody.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”