Need help with the relaxation tape!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
MirandaLey

Need help with the relaxation tape!

Post by MirandaLey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:39 am

My parents bought the program for me when I was 17 and having daily panic attacks (brought on my my OCD, though it was undiagnosed at that time) and depression, and immediately it made me feel better -- to the point that after about six sessions I quit, lol. I wish I hadn't but I was young and fancy-free ha ha.

I am now 26 and going through the program again. I am on Lesson 9, about to start Lesson 10 on Monay. I look back and realize I have come such a long way and I'm really proud of myself, but one thing I am struggling with is the relaxation tape. I remember when I first did the program all those years ago it was so easy for me to relax... I'd practically be asleep when the relaxation tape ended, and I'd be so blissfully relaxed! Now it seems to hardly relax me at all. I'm not panicky or wound up anymore, so that's a good thing, but I find I don't get a deep relaxation with the tape anymore -- I just can't seem to clear my mind during it. Not just about the bad scary or anxious thoughts, but also about random thoughts, like the episode of How I Met Your Mother that I was just watching or what I'm going to make for dinner, lol. Any advice???

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”