New to program

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
rerapa

New to program

Post by rerapa » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Hello,

I just purchased the program, as I have been shackled to the corpse of depression for some time. Mine is a reactive type of depression, and it has flaired up again in response to my divorce 6 years ago. I kept myself busy with several jobs to keep my mind off of it, but after a (rather reactive) resignation from one of the jobs, I found myself experiencing panic (new to me!) in the wake of not being able to keep in control of all of the plates I was spinning. I am still employed, but no worry if I made the right decision in the wake of my resignation (I thought it was correct at the time), and am concerned that I cannot control my life as I did before.

I am hoping this program gives me the skills to leave this neurotic thinking behind, and launch on a new way of living.

Thanks,

Ralph

coachchris

Re: New to program

Post by coachchris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 am

Hi Ralph,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your journey toward more growth. The program is definitely going to teach you how to become and present moment positive thinker.

To get that started I recommend you write out your top 5 negative thoughts and then replace them each with a positive truth.
Then, rewrite the positives and carry them with you. Read through these positives 3 times a day. You have a bad worry habit and this will help you stay in the present moment. I am going to also private message you some selftalk to read through daily that will also help with this.

We celebrate your courage to change!
Here to help,
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”