Wake up with severe anxiety every morning

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
cindyseven

Wake up with severe anxiety every morning

Post by cindyseven » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 pm

I dread going to sleep as I wake each morning with severe anxiety. I pace and feel I cant stop moving. I try to talk to myself and say it's just anxiety it will pass but it doesn't seemnto help. it seems I have developed a habit to wake up with anxiety. Any ideas on how to break this habit?

coachchris

Re: Wake up with severe anxiety every morning

Post by coachchris » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Cindy,

I would try and use your relaxation cd at night when you get into bed and also before you get out of bed in the morning. Also make sure you have good positive selftalk ready for the morning. I would write it out and put it on your bed stand. I hear that you are trying to float and under-react with the adrenalin. This is super! Keep practicing :)

I would also add some really good positive selftalk in the evening. It could sound like: I am a good sleeper. My body is healing and I will feel rested in the morning. The adrenalin always passes. Everyday is a better day.

Do you take anything to help with sleep or are you on any meds?

Here to help,

Coach Chris

cindyseven

Post by cindyseven » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Thank you for the reply. I will absolutely put your suggestions into action starting tonight! I am on session 3 and am really trying to master the positive self talk. I know it takes a lot of practice.

I am on meds unfortunately. I take 15mg of Remeron at night to help me sleep. Prior to the Remeron I would sleep about 3 or 4 hours jolting awake with fear several times a night. I also started on Lexapro about 2 weeks ago. I was really trying to beat this without the use of drugs but needed some help. I am hoping that the skills that I gain from this program will help me to get off the drugs.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Cindy

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Cindy,

Super! Keep us posted. Exercise is really important, as well as good amounts of water along with a multi-vitamin can really make a difference. Keep taking care of you. Lesson 3 is key. As you think better your body will continue to heal!

If you haven't had your Free Coaching Call I would love to set one up with you.

Here to help,
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

cindyseven

Post by cindyseven » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi Coach Chris,

Well, I did put your suggestions to the test last night. I listened to the relation session prior to sleep and did alot of positive selftalk as well. I do have to say I did feel a little less anxious this morning. I did some stretching and positive selftalk and was able to make it to work. I will continue on with this.

Unfortunately, I did have a bit of a set back on the way to work. One of my "fears" is that the anxiety medication or the anxiety itself is going to give me cancer. I pretty much had myself convinced by the time I got to work. I just couldn't shake it. I kept saying, I can control my thoughts. This is just the anxiety. It will pass. But, it was kind of like that don't think of a pink elephant and all you can do is think about a pink elephant... My question for you is, do I need to listen to the CDs in order or can I go to sessions 8,9, and 10 (all of which I desperatly need to master).

I do a mile on the treadmill each night but am thinking of changing that to the morning to see if that helps with the morning anxiety.

Lastly, I would love to set up a coaching call. Please let me know what I need to do to accomplish this.

And again, thank you for your support. It means more than you can know...

Cindy

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”