I'm back

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
sosorio

I'm back

Post by sosorio » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:10 pm

I went through the program without fully doing homework etc., 15 years ago. I was on Paxil for 13 years, exercise regularly but the last two years brought about many major life stressors, a short sale, a move, decreased earnings, an engagement, a bk, a move and my boys went to live with their dad. Constant draining court dates with fiancés business and wham! Many of these events were done and over with my anxiety came back out of the blue. I have reordered the program , I'm on week two, I need the coping skills to deal with the trials life will bring that we have no control over... I am trying round two without medication except Xanax as needed but I don't want to go back on Paxil because I worked hard to get off of it two years ago...don't want the withdrawal, my dr. Has assured me I might have ended up in this boat even on an antidepressant. He also assured me that these skills and other things I'm doing like massage, church, woman's study etc., will all have an affect on my brain, the pills just help you get there faster. There has been much more over the last year. Anxiety built over the last two months so I ordered the tapes! Going to use a coach this time , I haven't started my journal or relaxation tape as of yet but cut caffeine by over half, exercising like a crazy person and registered today. Starting my tapes and journal. Got a massage today...I need this program as I have two good weeks and then feel as if I've slipped back. I'm under construction! My goal is to start to talk kinder to myself and to not let a day seem as if it's a failure if I need to rely on my Xanax and...to remember I'm going to feel anxious and depressed, I've swept my feelings under the rug for two years and. Masked them with just staying angry...funny when I let go of the anger the anxiety came , then the tears and I'm not one to cry. I guess I'll count this as my first step in journaling! Thank you for the opportunity for self growth , even though painful at times !

sosorio

Re: I'm back

Post by sosorio » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Yes , interested! I'm on unemployment and a flexible schedule as well. Sounds wonderful! I'm open anytime ..

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi sosorio,

I responded to your post in a private message. It should be in your inbox. I hope you and Shelly can join us in the chatroom on Fridays too. It is a great place to connect and support.

Here to help,
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

sosorio

Post by sosorio » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 am

Not sure how to get there! I'm a great typist but new to chat rooms etc etc,sounds like fun.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Your private messages will be in the upper left side underneath the words 'Board index.' The online chat is the bright green tab in the upper right corner. I hope this helps and I hope you get my message :)

Coach Chris

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”