Like to Introduce myself

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
downsouth

Like to Introduce myself

Post by downsouth » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Ive been dealing with gad for over15 yrs, my initial talk with my coach showed me that I am a perfectionist/controlling person when it comes to work detail ive always felt I had to be since I am in charge of a large fleet of trucks. This is only my second day and after doing the relaxation cd and reading some of the material it is amazing how much control my brain has over body. Kept repeating to myself that I will be fine, dont stress we will finish the truck when we finish them, no big deal. I am glad to say that the normal 4 o'clock panic didnt happen today. wooohooo..
I do however have this weird dizzy feeling that comes and goes threatening a panic episode. Was wondering if anybody else has this? Since I have had GAD my symptoms have changed several times...from the butterflys to the sweaty hands on to the weak leg feelin. Just wondering is this another symptom? Thanks for listening or reading

lcipparone

Re: Like to Introduce myself

Post by lcipparone » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi there!
Thought i would just let you know that you are NOT alone in your body symptoms...i struggle with dizziness every day!!! it comes and goes, but when i'm having anxiety, it can really make me feel like i'm going to pass out or freak out or just plain lose it...the learned breathing technique has helped quiet the dizziness, but it comes back. i also get sweaty palms, my legs feel heavy...sometimes i cant tell if im experiencing low blood sugar and then those symptoms make me panic and it gets out of control, spirals into a mess. it can last for a long time!! in using this program, if there is anything more that im excited about, other than smoothing over my anxiety, it's the thought of being dizzy free!! makes me wonder if i have vertigo half the time...but it's most likely the anxiety...and thats all it is....JUST anxiety. hope this helps you in some way...it definitely helps me to read that someone experiences some of the same body symptoms that i do! take care!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”