i just wish lucinda or carolyn could post!!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
missobsessive

i just wish lucinda or carolyn could post!!

Post by missobsessive » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I don't usually post in here, just read a lot of the posts. But I decided to post bc I'm having a hard time. (Even though I did have some small triumphs, which I will be posting in the triumph section after this :D )

Bla I've been having a difficult time lately. I'm listening to the program and working on implementing the skills, and I know it takes time. And I know it works bc last summer, I was really feeling amazing. But I've just been going through hell lately with the anxiety. I just can't get a hold on it. I'm also seeing a counselor to help me work through issues from almost 4 years ago. When I was 23 yrs old, my mom passed away from cancer. She was 51. I was so traumatized, that I coped with it by stuffing A LOT of my emotions. I didn't even realize that's what I was doing, but I think I did that bc that was the only way I had to cope at the time bc it was so traumatic. Now that I'm tapping into all of these suppressed emotions, everything I had stuffed has been pouring out of me. So I know that has A LOT to do with why I'm having such a difficult time getting ahold of the anxiety. I know that this is going to be a difficult time for me as I process all of this. AND I know that I will come out the other side.

When I'm feeling lost in it and hopeless, I just love listening to the group sessions. Listening to everyone's stories provides such relief and a calming reminder that, yes, there were people as bad and worse than me who recovered. It is possible. I always like to watch the success stories on here or on youtube. Watching the infomercial helps too.

I just wish the people from the program could post!! I know I've seen posts from Carolyn too. I have one of her posts printed out.. The "Growth Spurt Encouragement" post. I guess it's just that you feel like you know the people on the tapes and feeling like you just need that boost of encouragement and reminder that you will get better. I feel like it coming from them would feel so much better bc they are the proof and you feel like you know them.

So Carolyn, or anyone from the tapes - Pat, Ken, Mike, Jan, anyone (or even Lucinda!) if you're out there, I could really use some positive encouragement!!!!!

Thanks for 'listening' :)

missobsessive

Re: i just wish lucinda or carolyn could post!!

Post by missobsessive » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Ahh I don't know why it posted twice... :roll:

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 am

I agree it would be nice to see more post from the participants of the session!! I agree I LOVE listening to the group session parts!!
I'm sorry to hear of your struggles, but glad you had already gone threw the program, so you already know what it can do for you! :) I am learning, but can already say if you work it, it can work for you :)
Best of luck to you! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

missobsessive

Post by missobsessive » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Thanks for the post :D

And yes, when you actually implement the skills, it's crazy how you can feel yourself start to feel better. I had a couple months of actually living in the moment and it was AWESOME. But the growth spurt and dealing with the past has brought it back. But I know it'll pass and I'll get through it.

And yep, how you feel will be a reflection of how much you implement the skills. I originally thought (I guess) that I just wanted to listen to the tapes and that would make it go aaway. But no, lol, you have to actually CHANGE your behaviors. I knew that all along, but I guess I didn't want to admit or accept that I would actually have to change those things about myself in order to get better. But once you start doing it, it's amazing.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:59 am

That is soooo true!! Once you start doing it the feelings are just amazing!! :) I know what you mean, I think I was even actually affraid to make changes. Affraid I coulnd't do it as well as affraid of what others would think of me. Our mind is such a wonderful thing, when used correctly :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Hello!

This is a wonderful and interesting adventure..........posting and mini chat. I went through the program last year. Started feeling so alone until I remembered this year about the stress center peer support so got this computer and here I am. It's been helpful. Thank all of you for the posts. That cloud still comes over me but I am more hopeful now that just MAYBE I will be able to get past this age of 62 and live a life free of this depression. I love my husband kids grand kids. I'm blessed. But this condition hits anyone, regardless.

lucy

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”