I need a partner to do this program with for motivation!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
roger_longoria3

I need a partner to do this program with for motivation!

Post by roger_longoria3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:09 am

I've been trying to complete this program for some time now. I've had anxiety problems for almost 7 years now. I got the program about 4 years ago. I just can't seem to finish it. I've attempted to start and finish this program about 4 times now and I just can't seem to get the motivation to finish it. At first as soon as i started to feel better I would stop the program, now its like i feel its not working so i wanna give up. But i know i CANT give up, i wanna get better and live a better healthy life. I just need some motivation to finish this and i feel like having a partner to do it with me would help me so much. If anyone is willing to do this with me please let me know! Thank you

Nel01073

Re: I need a partner to do this program with for motivation!

Post by Nel01073 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi roger. I dont know where youre at in the program Im on session 7 probably gonna spend another week on it but Id be happy to help you with anything I can. I too have a hard time feeling motivated so maybe we can gelp each other out. Let me know and best of luck to you :)

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:40 am

Roger, I am also on Session 7, this is my 2nd try, session 7 happens to be where I stopped the first time, and although I have been ready to "give up" a few times, I am sticking it out and I am going to finish. I'm not sure where you are in the program but would also be happy to support you as much as I can. I have no doubt I will still be coming to the forums after I have finished. :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

roger_longoria3

Post by roger_longoria3 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks guys. I'm not currently on the session you two are on, I'm on session 3. But some support still would be nice. I love how we can all relate to this condition and are able to understand and help each other. Some motivation is definitely a must have for me. I hope to hear back from you soon

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:56 pm

I know what you mean, I was a little not sure of coming to the site at first, because I didn't think people would be abe to relate or really understand etc. It has been the exact opposite. A very useful tool. It's nice to know someone that understand/relates is there, the insights you can gain, from others or even when trying to help others. I have had my own "light bulb" moments when responding to someone elses inquires, concerns etc...

Session 3 can be a real eye opener. It was a VERY hard one for me at first. Once you start to really get it though it's such a wonderful thing. I can say having so many people in my house, you can really see how it "rubs off" on others also. I will admit I still work on this one though it is certianly still a work in progress. I reffer back to this disc often. :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:28 am

I agree with you guys. I am so happy that we have this site. I know just reading a post and knowing someone out there knows what Im going through can make my day. I think session 3 is one of those sessions that requires more effort from us. This is where it all starts. I wish you good luck and dont forget to enjoy the program. It becomes easier for me when I do. :)

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:32 am

Nel - good point - enjoy the program!!! I need to remember that. Somedays I look at is more as a "chore" or something "I have to do" which certianly does not make it enjoyable, and with that I am probably not getting from it what I should when I look at it that way.

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm

:) I know when I try to absorb the program all at once or want to see results immedietly is when the unmotivation starts to creep back in. I try totell myself it is posible to get to that place where others are at right now and how great its gonna feel to do all of those things Im afraid of doing therefore I dont see it as a chore or something impossible to accomplish. :)

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 pm

That is a good way to look at it. :) And maybe even to add, with the it is possible, you might not be there yet, but I'm sure you can look back now and see how far you've gotten!! I'm going to try to remember it that way next time I start feeling as though it's something I "have" to do. It is possible, look how far I've come, imagine how great it will feel!!

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 pm

That is so true. The other day I was feeling negative and just wasnt feeling like I was doing good enough. So what I did is make a list of all the things I can do now that I wasnt able to do before even the little things like not having to depend on someone to make me feel better when im feeling depressed and I read it whenever im feeling down. I think we can come up with many ideas to make this easier for us. :)

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”