feeling down

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Iwillbebetter

feeling down

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:22 am

Well I've been a little down the past few days... Going to get back up and get back at it today!! I haven't done anything "program related" in the past few days either.... I'm realizing that alone can bring me down. It feels good even just listening to the sessions. It feels even better doing the work. So when it's not done for a few days you are left with out that feel good feeling. Anyway just wanted to "put it out there" I guess.
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

newjourney

Re: feeling down

Post by newjourney » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 pm

hi. i know what you mean. i got busy last weekend and didn't listen to the cd or read any of the workbook...and i got feeling kind of out of control again in terms of my anxiety.
part of the issue is you're now noticing more your feelings, and it's bugging you more if you're down or anxious.
but i also agree with you that regular/daily interaction in some form with the program is important.
it's like if you were trying to get better physically and you needed daily treatments but didn't take them, your physical progress would slow down. i think it's the same with mental stuff too... maybe even more so.
also, give yourself permission to have a down day. the main thing is, you are working on this... you are making progress... you will get better!!! :D

Iwillbebetter

Re: feeling down

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Yes that is a big part that I easily forget... it's ok to have a bad day. We are going to have them at times. I find for me they do come "from nowhere" more so when I don't do "any work". I like the way you compair the mental to physical but it is so true I think!!
But even that sometimes there will be days I just won't be able to. As long as I'm not doing it often and "just because" :) I have to remember that it is OKAY!!
And Yes I think you are right being more aware of my feelings and anxiety is also a big part of it. I had never before really been at all in touch with my feelings either so to be more aware of them is different to begin with.
I did listen to the cd today and got a little exercise to! Had a much better day! :)
Thanks for responding :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”