going places where there are large groups of people

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
bakerwoman25

going places where there are large groups of people

Post by bakerwoman25 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Does anyone have some nifty thoughts, tricks, or ideas for going shopping, out to eat ,etc where there are lots of
people? It bothers me so. I get so nervous and anxious it makes me feel just awful.

Iwillbebetter

Re: going places where there are large groups of people

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:58 am

I would just suggest starting slow. Maybe with shopping. Just go for a couple items. If you have a mp3 player or anything maybe listen to lucinda while there or make a empowering songs playlist... something to take some of your focus off... I would also suggest to start with slow times... as in don't go to the store "during rush hour" go when you know there aren't going to be a lot of people...
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Rsmry

Post by Rsmry » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:04 am

I dont have any advice, but I can say I know how you feel. I'm working on this everyday. Iwillbebetter does have some good ideas. After hearing session 3 I feel more hope. And I agree we do need to start slow. And never forget we will win this fight!

mrben65

Post by mrben65 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:04 am

I have that problem as well. I'm very uncomfortable going into a Walmart when crowded. I feel like everybody is staring at me. But I have a desire to get well. I'm not right now, pretty messed up. Good luck to you with the course.

Ben
Ben

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”