EVENING / NIGHT TIME ANXIETY

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
TaoEquus

EVENING / NIGHT TIME ANXIETY

Post by TaoEquus » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Hello!
my anxiety attacks almost always happen at night. During the daytime, I am strong, confident, I feel like I can take on the world! I can go out to restaurants to eat (which in my case, is my BIGGEST trigger of anxiety attacks. I take a bite, I immediately feel full, that feeling turns to nausea, my body gets really hot, then comes the panic attack.) But I can go out to eat during the day! As soon as its dark outside, I feel uneasy on the inside, I am reclusive, I don't want to go out. I prefer to stay in and watch TV until bedtime. Summer is better for me in that sense cause the days are longer. During the day I am brave, I feel like I can do anything. At night, I revert back to my old thought patterns. Anyone else experience this?

TaoEquus

Re: EVENING / NIGHT TIME ANXIETY

Post by TaoEquus » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Sorry - my computer froze when I was submiiting the post, and it posted twice. Don't know how to delete one...

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Post by WebAdmin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:43 am

TaoEquus wrote:Sorry - my computer froze when I was submiiting the post, and it posted twice. Don't know how to delete one...
Hello TaoEquus, I took care of the double post for you and thank you for letting us know it was. Sorry for the computer freeze but those happen at times, not a problem. Have a nice day!

ctiblets

Post by ctiblets » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:04 am

I feel the same way, during the day I am a small business owner, confident, talking to my customers, helping with projects. Then I get home around dark and I just want my pj's on and don't want to go anywhere, I don't sleep well because of the dark. I remember as a child I was afraid of the dark but I am not a kid anymore, I hate the insecurity. Maybe it is because I am having to be so strong during the day that at night I let my gaurd down, my panic attacks come in the middle of the night, I wake up with my heart pounding and a feeling of an adrenalin rush.
I just get up and watch tv until I can relax again.
Good luck!

freely85

Post by freely85 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Hello my name is Amanda I started having anxiety last October so about 4 months ago I am 26 yrs old I was taking 6 classes instead of the average 4 as a full time student I also worked part time at a law firm I was in a health class eating once a day not really sleeping and I am 97-103 lbs at 5'1 I get nervous about my weight I have never really been chunky I started studying like crazy drank a 5 hour energy drink without food and went to the hospital for hurt palpitations I started eating and exercising and I was fine my aunt died of breast cancer last month and I freaked our I got so super scared I was having panic attacks thought I was dying I was put on paxil and seroquel my Dr thought I was bipolar I went to see a psychologist who said I am not I just suffer from general anxiety I started getting red dots on my skin I researched like crazy my dermatologist said it was nothing I started going for std tests I am totally clean but I automatically thought the worst my dad introduces me to these tapes I do them on and off and now I am fully commited I dont want to drive my bf crazy he is massively supportive but I dont want to be a burden I get times where my heart races I get hot or cold clammy skin I have not shaken in a while its like suppressed and since my aunt died I am afraid of the night time I just want to be better and need support please help

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”