Pain

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Ledard420

Pain

Post by Ledard420 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:04 am

I know we go through this and we are suppose to get where we are not afraid of body symptoms but I literally cant stand the fact that my left arm/shoulder/back/neck area always is tight and then my chest is pretty tight on that side too. Anyways always just get horrible joint pains in their feet and forearms, for instance I was a computer game playing for years and right now typing this my left forearm is starting to hurt. Just some concerns, I've had all kinds of stuff done to me to check my heart, however my uncle just had a heart attack at age 50 and my other uncle had a stroke at age 50 and another family friend had a heart attack at age 54 and ive heard all their stories about what it felt like so it doesnt surprise me about some of that but the joint pain is a little odd to me. I am 27 and I always feel like someone is sitting on my chest when im trying to relax anyone get that feeling or just real sharp pains in your chest.... As you can tell I have all these worries bouncing around in my head and I've been working on positive thinking I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the joint pains

Iwillbebetter

Re: Pain

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:09 am

Ledard,
I don't know about for you, but for me it's my right side. From head to toe. I think mine is more my muscles though. I have started my excersizing, but knowing how long it's been, I'm starting out simple and more with stretches. I've only been doing it about a week now, but it does seem to be helping a little with releiving some of those "pains" I do also get chest pains. I'm learning that that is a "symptom" of my anxiety. I feel it more when there is stress or pressure or something to that effect. When I feel it coming I've been working on focusing on my breathing that also helps to remove other items from my mind. Don't know if it will help you, but it's worth a try. I'm sure though as with anything it will take time and patience!! I am going to work on finding time to maybe even get a massage once a month or something like that. Seems all my muscles are in knots.... I think that's from living a lifetime with anxieties and depression. I know it can be hard to focus on "feeling better" when your body feels that way. But it can/will get better the more you work at it!!!

** Excersize can do wonders for the body and the mind!! **
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Ledard420

Post by Ledard420 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks for the info, I just now finally cut pop out of my daily habits, as a lifetime gamer it was my fuel and therefore i was pretty addicted to it, but havnt had one in a week or so now and so im over the cravings.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:05 am

Good for you Ledard. It can be so hard sometimes to get rid of those types of things, especially when we've had them so long. But will help us tremendously when we learn to let go of them. I think I hold on to them more as a comfort than a want. So how are you doing with the "pains"? Just wondering if you found anything to help with that? Hope you are having a good day.
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Ledard420

Post by Ledard420 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:51 am

I've found if you walk/run 3 miles every night the pains you feel are more natural and dont bother you as bad lol. 2 years ago I ran 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles at night everyday so getting back to running is something i wanted to do just havn't had the drive to do it really, but i have been running for at least 3 miles every night at 5 miles per hour which is really a really fast walk but you can make it a jog and then i put the incline to 7.5 and that really puts a burn on. I did notice that not drinking pop has cut down on my headaches and my general feeling of horribleness. My fiance also bought these herbal wraps which are suppose to draw toxins and water out of your skin, shes doing it to lose inchs i tried it and i dont know if that or the quiting pop helped but i do feel better this week.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:04 am

Glad to hear!! That's awesome!! It's amazing what something so simple as walking or not drinking pop can do for you!! I wouldn't doubt if it's really a little bit of all of it, either way, I'm glad you are feeling better this week!! :) That's Awesome!!! I know for me, it's just keeping up with it, it's so easy to take the step, see the differnce then kinda "fall back" into the same.
Anyway - awesome job!! Keep up the great work!!! :)

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”