can't relax

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Iwillbebetter

can't relax

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:21 am

So this is my 2nd attempt at this program. I made it to session 7 last time. Well then and now when I put in that relaxation CD I have every intent to lay there and follow what she says. But I just have soooo much trouble. I have NEVER been able to relax. I realize this is something I am going to have to try harder to learn. I guess I have a fear that I won't be able to. Anytime I've tried any sort of relaxation I just can't do it. I am starting to think there is hope. When I 1st tried the program I couldn't even do the breathing she says counting to 2 while breathing in and 4 out. I've been working on that this time and I think I actually got it. I remember when I tried before I couldn't do it. I would feel like I was "losing my breath" it didn't not relax me if anything it made me more anxious!!
Anyway if anyone has any idea's or suggestions on some things I may be able to do to assist in getting myself more comfortable with the relaxation element of this program I would greatly appreciate it!!

** NO ONE can stop me, no one but ME **
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Iwillbebetter

Re: can't relax

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Still I continue to try and try. I think I have made at slight improvement. Although I still have a long ways to go. Would still love any advise. I was at the library the other day and got a book on meditation for stress. The first technique it has you to practice is just to focus on your breathing. Wow who would have know. Just focusing on that and counting with them or what no keeps my mind focused on that enough that not much else comes in. I'm sure with more time and practice I will have it so nothing else comes it.

** Whoooooray for persistency **
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”