Severe Anger Issues and Agoraphobia

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
mrben65

Severe Anger Issues and Agoraphobia

Post by mrben65 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:21 am

My name is Ben, I'll be starting this program today. I received it 3 months ago but never got around to starting it. My mood has gotten from bad to worse. My wife is ready to walk out and my kids hate me. I never leave the house on my 4 days off from work. ( I work a 4 on/4 off schedule ). I am very paranoid and think people are out to get me. I feel like crap all over, I have no energy, I quit walking by reason of fear of getting run over and hit by a vehicle or getting yelled and jeered at by cars passing by on the highway. I am a severe agoraphobic. I won't even go to the grocery store ( Walmart) anymore or even go outside of my house to get the mail out of the mailbox because I believe people are looking at me and I am worried about getting shot by some deranged maniac on the highway or going into the store with a machine gun and opening fire.
I believe the world is an evil place and I stay inside my house and rarely leave. Yes, this is me. Maybe this course will work for me, I don't know. I hope so. This is my last shot.
Ben

mrben65

Re: Severe Anger Issues and Agoraphobia

Post by mrben65 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:33 am

Geez, there sure is plenty of SUPPORT on these boards.
Ben

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Hello ben im sorry to hear about your problems but I hope youre doing better. I have a lot of those problems like low energy avoiding social situations etc. I even remember having some of those thoughts that you mentioned but thank God im doing a bit better now. Yes its hard but ive already started to see some positive changes taking place and I just want to keep moving forward. I agree there isnt a lot of support around here. Im trying to come on here more often but those of that do lets keep it up maybe others will do the same.

mrben65

Post by mrben65 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:28 pm

its hard nowadays, I have little tolerance for some peoples bs. Like today, I went up to a drive up ATM and this woman was parked about 10 feet from the ATM (driving up to it) so I had to go around and back up to the ATM so I could withdraw some money. Why people have to be so rude when it affects me is one of my pet peeves. I am hoping this course will change that. Thanks for responding.

Ben
Ben

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:09 pm

I know what you mean. Especially around this time of year and stores are packed. Some people are not considerate and almost run you over. Im sure if I hadnt been doing the program I probably woulve lost my temper in some situations. Ive been starting to under react to alot of things and just letting go. Its not always easy but some things are just not worth it. I think this program can help you if youre patient and keep going. Dont give up and keep working on it and youll start to see good results. Good luck.

Ron1974

Post by Ron1974 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:06 am

I have the same issues with anger I hate how mean we are to each other on a day in day out basis. Then if you are not mean and confrontational then you are labeled week and not a good leader. Well why cant a leader be someone who cares about their fellow human beings and why can't a good leader hurt when his people are hurting and laugh when his people are laughing? i get angry a lot when people are mean just to be mean. It is something I am working on and I need to get better I have a long way to go. Yhanks for letting me know I am not alone.
Ron

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:11 am

Hi Ron. I agree with you 100%. I like what you said about being a good leader. Ive always wondered why some people prefer mean and confrontational people instead of appreciating a nice sensitive person who will definitely treat them better But I guess thats just how it is. I think alot of my anger stems from feeling impotent or seeing how some people take advantage of others :evil: . Youre not alone. :)

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”