Here I go again

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Jimicocobop

Here I go again

Post by Jimicocobop » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:10 am

I had what was described as panic attacks and anxiety about 5 years ago. After many tests my doctor said sent me to a Psychologist and with lots of work I learned to control it much better. I basically learned to not over react and stay as calm as possible during the attack. Then they went away. A year later my wife of 25 years was killed by a drunk driver. I did not get them at all during this time even though it was a 23 month trial.
I always have been hyper aware, like sounds, actual feelings. I am not a shy person, I play in a band and don't get nervous doing that. I do have the chronic what ifs and flunk the stress score tests so I believe it is in my mind but not 100 percent or I would not be here again. here is what is happening right now
I am trying to sell my house
My brother is going into rehab
I am very lonely
I have not had affection for a very long time
I had to give up my dream job ( musician and recording studio, music teacher) because after my wife died I need more money
I put things off which is something that gradually happen as I used to be an overachiever have done Ironman, Ultra runs ect.
The other day my hands and feet started to itchy, then in the mall I thought I was going to pass out.
I have had every test, catheterization, stress test ( a few years ago) and just had a very good physical four days ago
last night while extremely anxious I took my blood pressure and it was 125/72 my pulse was 77.

I take Zoloft and a .25 Xanax once a day to three times during these periods.
I don't know what to do. I am doing fine and then I get the flush scary feelings.

Nel01073

Re: Here I go again

Post by Nel01073 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi jimicocobop,
I am sorry to hear about your problems. I really hope youre doing the program because I really think it can help you. Like it says there anybody can benefit from this program. Even if your problems are not as bad as everyone elses or if they only come once in a while it can just help you cope better. Good luck to you.

perspectivegirl

Re: Here I go again

Post by perspectivegirl » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:19 pm

I agree with Nel, and I'm so sorry for the events that have happened in your life. I also believe that this program can help you with your current emotions and maybe help to cope as well. Don't forget to keep doing what you're doing, and don't let the scary feelings stop you from living your life. Hopefully these message boards can help you and I wish you all the best.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”