I am so scared

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
phm

I am so scared

Post by phm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:53 pm

I can't move when I am anxious. I always freeze up. And I feel lost I don't know where to start or how to begin. I bought the program. And I have listened to the first 2 cds. I am afraid its all too much and I will fail. I don't want to fail at this as it is most important I don't. My life is crumbling around me and I just want to hold on to the bit I have left. I am afraid to fail this program. I am finding it hard to pinpoint my biggest issue...I want to start this program and get better, but everything is so fuzzy looking lately. I can't remember my problems I guess I am trying to say. I just know I am not doing good, and that I keep failing at being a mother and a wife. I don't know...

Adesteney11

Re: I am so scared

Post by Adesteney11 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:28 pm

It's scary and you want to run but you have no where to go accept to you. Most of us have had the same feelings and the program teaches you how to change those feelings and helps you to take control of your life instead of letting your life and thoughts control you. You took the first step by getting the program. It really does work, just stick with it and don't be too hard on yourself. The key is the messages that we give to ourselves, we need to change the negative thoughts that we have about ourselves into positive ones. CD 3 is very powerful and helps me when i'm feeling anxious or dwelling on obssessive scary thoughts. Try to focus on "what" is scaring you instead of how you feel, breathe and use positive self-talk to get yourself through it. The relaxation cd helps too.

Hang in there...it gets easier

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:11 am

Hey phm, it really does get better. I promise, everyone here can tell you that. Right now it sounds like you feel like everything around you is going downhill, but if you continue with the program you'll realize that you have an incredible power inside of you that can create change. Things will get better once you accept that you control how you feel and how you can reverse what's happening in your head now. All the negativity and obsessive scary thoughts can be turned into positive, even silly imaginings.

It really does get better, you can do it!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes, I agree with the others you can do it! Just keep listening to the CDs, and take Baby Steps, it will get easier... :)

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”