i dont know what to do from here..

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
steffaniiee

i dont know what to do from here..

Post by steffaniiee » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:29 pm

I had gotten this program about the end of july. i should probably be more than halfway through by now. I feel as if im just not grasping it enough and i cant move on from where im at (session 4) i keep listening to the cds over and over again but i am having a hard time moving forward because i get nervous that im just not getting all that im soposed to out of it. i dont really listen to the relaxation cd because i feel it doesent help and i dont journal like i should so i feel like im doing the whole program wrong. i know thats extreme.. but should i just start over completly and try to do everything step by step right, or just move on from where i am at and start doing it right from here. i'm so anxious just typing this. i need this to work.

darl125

Re: i dont know what to do from here..

Post by darl125 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:22 pm

hi,

I know how you feel..I have had the program for a year now and at first when I first got it I ran right through it because all I really wanted to do was doesn't work that way better but unfortunatley it doesn't work that way. I didn't do the journalling either. I've had a rough couple of weeks now and finally said that I will start the program over from the beginning because Im tired of feeling this way..this time I am going to take my time with it..so I am now on session 2. I did my homework for session one. I actually a wrote a journal entry ..and to tell you the truth it really helps to put things in writing just that one entry made me feel better. I find that its just going to be better to just take my time with it and not try to do to many things at once. So I would start over and listen to the cds over and over to let everything sink in..it helps to go in with an open mind..its certainly easier said then done..I just thought of an expression "good things come to those who wait"...so be patient with yourself you will get there..I also find it helpful to go on here and read other posts..knowing that you are not alone makes a world of difference. hope this helps. If you want to keep in contact as we go along..Im in.

Darlene

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:35 pm

hi: I ordered the Program a year ago and I am now on Session Twelve.
Everyone needs to work at their own pace. The Program works,
but you must listen to the audio tapes, read the workbook, do
the workbook lessons, listen to the relaxation tape and do the
journaling. Just take little baby-steps and don't rush through it.
Think about what you are learning, read it, and then try to put
each lesson into action. Take care and wishing you well
on your recovery. Lynda LU.

steffaniiee

Post by steffaniiee » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:17 am

thank you both so much. i does help to know that you guys are still sticking through it. i think im just going to start over starting tomorrow.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”