anxiety attack

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
windows2011

anxiety attack

Post by windows2011 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:23 am

I am such a worry wart. I can't seem to keep from feeling hopeless. I got laid off on 6/30/11 and I have tried to move onbut I keep worrying about this and that. I want to enroll on online courses for medical coding when I thought about it, now I am feeling like I don't want to because it will not help me get a job, I am just wasting my time and money. I didn't feel like this last week, I had hope and energy, now! downhill! I took the test yourself and they gave me a test result and it made me feel more nervous and just plain lousy! I guess I am a mess and thought I had my anxiety in control. Help!

jmoralesx5

Re: anxiety attack

Post by jmoralesx5 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:52 am

You know I have been unemployed a couple times in the last few years. Just last year I was unemployed for 9 months. I can't remember a time when I felt more worthless and incompitent as I did when I got fired. It took me some time, but I finally realized that I could be completely miserable during this time off or I could use the time to make myself better and look for a job. Break apart your day. Some time for job searching, some time for you and other projects. If you concentrate too much on the job search (as important as it is) you will be even more miserable. I have 5 kids and so I know how stressful it can be! Keep talking to people here and we'll help you through this :)

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”