pregnant with anxiety

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
bgrieve269

pregnant with anxiety

Post by bgrieve269 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:35 pm

its seems there is not alot of help out there for pregnant women with anxiety and depression or it is not widely recognized. it needs to be. I had my first panic attack last year in november. i thought i was dying. come to find out all my hormones were hightened because i was pregnant. I was taken to the hospital but for some reason they never checked for pregnancy. it was not until it was to late that i was already put on zantax to take aways the anxiety that i found out i was pregnant unfortunately i had lost the baby. God has blessed me with another child and i swore that no matter how i felt i would never take any drugs for this again. here i am 3 weeks away from my due date and i've been suffering from my anxiety the whole time. I've gone from fears of death to, suicide fears, to thinking i would kill someone(not that i would i emphasize) i just scared myself into the what if. i feared i was losing my faith with God. it was not until about a month and a half ago that i had ordered this program and it has changed me so much. i had been praying for the anxiety to just go away but it would not. so i changed my prayer for God to just give me a tool to get through it. And He did. I just saw anxiety and depression on the guide and it took me to the program. i sat there listening to these people speak about thier anxiety and i just started crying. realizing this was all totally who i was as well. i called and got really frustarted and actually hung up bacause i was in fear of spending the money. i even said it was just for my father not even me. I felt bad after doing so. And realizing tat if this works it is worth any amount of money. to have my mind and body back. I do plan to give this to my father after to help him and that i can be there for him. I have learned i have had anxiety fr some time now. And i was blaming it on the pregnancy. No that was just the trigger. I had read once that God uses pregnancy to change a woman. And it is true. he has. This is going to help e in so many other areas. I just want others to know that there are other people out there with these issues. ecspecially in my expirience, pregnancy. Anxiety and Depression is such a lonely numbing time and others need to know we are out there.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”