New Here...

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
peter eric

New Here...

Post by peter eric » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Well..... I was here a few years back. I bought the program and started using it. I seen some really good changes. I stopped it and now.... few years later I'm stuck. I'm not sure whats next. I'm a recovering addict and just been feeling real disconnected for people and life. Any help or suggestions.

Kait

Re: New Here...

Post by Kait » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Peter!
Did you finish the program? And I would recommend going through it again now.
I am also a recovering addict/alcoholic and completed the program in sept/09. My thoughts have once again run rampid and am about to start the session again. I find I need reminders, as my mind is like a garbage disposal - likes to chew everything up, ruin it, and not remember any progress.
I am looking forward to seeing any progress I have made, by doing the program again. Maybe things that were really tough 2yrs ago, are not so tough now :) best of luck!

Lolly3333

Re: New Here...

Post by Lolly3333 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Hello...
I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for most of my life. The panic attacks started at age 12. My fear of something bad happening to me or someone I know and love is so gripping. I have very scary thoughts and it seems I have no control of when it happens. Several years ago I was severely depressed and worried to the point I hardly did anything. the anxiety and depression controlled my life. I got better, still having the occasional anxiety issues and panic attacks but just not as gripping. Recently my sister in law and best friend passed away at the age of 42. My anxiety started coming back again more regularly then I was under an imense amount of stress while my brother and sister inlaw were adopting a baby and I was the go between with them and the birth mother. Trying to be there and supportive for everyone involved overwhelmed me. I started having severe anxiety again that since all this good was going on something bad just had to happen and the PANIC was so immence I immediately felt the depression take over.I do have the feelings that I am so blessed daily with good things that I don't deserve that eventually something bad is going to happen. I have gone through many trials in my life and my faith has gotten me through them and I know that it will get me through whatever does happen. I just want to live free of the FEAR of anticipating the bad things. I am trusting in God and I know he led me to this program and am very thankful for it, because I can actually see that I can achieve this is I stick with it. If anyone needs a partner feel free to let me know. It is nice to know there are other people out there who are like me and have been healed or are in the process of healing as I am. Good luck to everyone.
Loll3333

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”