New Here

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
m0ndaymay

New Here

Post by m0ndaymay » Sat May 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Hello,

I'm new here but not new to anxiety. I'm a 48 year old female from Canada and I have had panic disorder with agoraphobia and emetophobia (fear of vomiting) for most of my adult life. Over the years, my symptoms have fluctuated from debiliating to annoying, and everything in between. For reasons that no one, not even my doctor, can tell me, the ONLY time I was completely anxiety-free was during the 9 months I was pregnant many years ago. Other than that, fear and horrible anxiety symptoms which are mostly physical, have been with me every single day. It's exhausting! so, here I am, hoping to find some real support and help, and maybe make a friend or two along the way. :)

Kait

Re: New Here

Post by Kait » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Mondaymay! Welcome :) I too, am hoping to find some friends here, and the support here is great! One thing, for what its worth, you said you were not anxious while pregnant? Maybe there is a particular hormone present when you were pregnant that helped this? Maybe there's something organic you can take to have the same effect?
Best of luck!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”