Disorientation, Confusion, Lightheadeness

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
gyssy2002

Disorientation, Confusion, Lightheadeness

Post by gyssy2002 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:45 am

Hi. Okay, so lately my "anxiety" has come back full force. I am a mess. Have called 911 a few times this wk, been to the dr quite a few times over the last months. I just don't know anymore. My question is, do some of you ever experience symptoms of confusion and disorientation during an attack? Is that part of it? Because I start with these symptoms and THEN I start panicking. I am having a hard time believing that this is part of a panic attack. Pleaz someone tell me somthing. Sometimes I feel I can't go on like this....
Desperately Yours...

HelpingHands

Re: Disorientation, Confusion, Lightheadeness

Post by HelpingHands » Fri May 27, 2011 2:52 pm

You ABSOLUTELY can feel disoriented and out of control during a panic attack. The mind is so powerful that you can completely work yourself up. When in a panic attack a few things happen:
Your body senses fear and then the fear manifests and releases chemicals into your body. The chemicals continue to be released the more fear/panic that is induced. After you start to recognize these chemicals your fear turns from the initial concern into fear over the symptoms your body is exhibiting. You become so concerned with the fear of WHATS GOING ON!? that you become disoriented, confused, and certainly lightheaded.
You are not alone in this, we have all been there.

Use the programs techniques to talk yourself down in these times. The more you practice the coping skills, the more you will control this feeling.

Rooting for you!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”