Overwhelmed

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
dandjf

Overwhelmed

Post by dandjf » Wed May 25, 2011 5:17 am

Hi, all. I've been fixing up my house that was built in 1927 which i adore but it's difficult because I've always been extremely sensitive to my environment ex. color, aesthetics, smell, etc. and especially during my "pms". Also been obsessing about fixing it up which makes it worse. anyway, I just painted my floor with epoxy paint which makes it permanent which i have to use to cover the old peeling paint. And i HATE the color!! The ONLY way I can change the color is by using that toxic urethane paint again which i dont' want to do because i have a three year old son and I don't want him breathing it. so my husband, my son and I had to stay with my parents for few days to keep out of the toxic fumes till it dissipated. I'm overreacting to the paint color and can't seem to underreact. I feel like I'm stuck with this horrible color that doesn't make me feel at home. It's important for me to feel at home because it's my comfortable and safe place. Is there anyone out there that's extremely sensitive to their environment and how do you deal with it? Or any ideas of how to deal with it?

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”