Your Not Alone

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
NinjaFrodo

Your Not Alone

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Ok so I had made a thread before called the Letting go Thread and well it wasn't very effective in being much of an outlet for people to go to so I decided to create a new thread that seemed more appealing and useful. This thread is used not only to vent things out but to build a sense of understanding and support. We all suffer pain, we are not alone in this. Pain is something everybody can relate to and I am hoping this is a place where people can come to connect, to get understanding and support in times of need.We all hurt and It is important to allow ourselves to experience negative emotions, float with them and then let them drift away. Sometimes in order to get to the happy stuff you need to work through the crappy stuff.

Write whatever you feel you need to write. However in order to avoid alienating people try not to give advice unless asked for. People want to be heard, they want recognition and understanding and thats what this thread is about. We aren't here to solve problems, we are here to listen and understand.

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Re: Your Not Alone

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfeXxkbgCVE Get Service! This is a good video about a guy stressing about all the negative stuff going on and then getting a pair of glasses that makes him see that others are suffering some really intense issues as well. Great way to show that we aren't the only ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCFeNeqyHk This is the Don't Quit Poem! Its a nice poem to help when feeling down!

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh4hVXac ... ature=fvwp A gripping story of a man, whose loss of his wife brings him to a stand point in life. Unable to cope, or to tell his young daughter about her mom's death the man refuses to go to the wake. However, an unlikely friend shows him a differnt path in experiencing whats known to be true and certain in his life, by diving into his own imagination. Through these "sessions" of experiencing a different world, entirely created and lived by the man himself, he finds one of life's most powerful messages.

Its a very inspiring video! Very inspiring and relieving!

MIke

THH

Post by THH » Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Mike,
Where are you???? I miss your words of wisdom! Come back!!!! ;)

gardenpeace

Post by gardenpeace » Sat May 14, 2011 8:26 am

I am greatful for the opportunity to express freely. I think this is a good thing. I have not made any connections yet, but I just started this morning. I guess I thought it was going to be more instant. I guess that is another false thought. Boy I have so much to learn and I am so tired of never knowing anything. Yuk! Can't wait to be better.

Would love some encouraging words!

THH

Post by THH » Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Gardenpeace,
Welcome! ;)
I really have learned sooooo much and the best thing is I feel so much better than a year ago when I stated. It is not a quick fix, it is more like a retraining process. It takes time and understanding. You can go at your own pace. I encourage you to keep with the program as it will get better in how you choose to live your life.
Post too...this really helped me. Also reading post from others. You will get to see a pattern. In the beginning it seams so confusing but it becomes more clear as you go through the program. Best of luck to you and hope to hear from you on the forums.

tacres

Post by tacres » Mon May 16, 2011 7:54 pm

I feel alone. I know I am not, even by my own experiences, in my logical mind, but my emotional mind has the power right now. I really am struggling this time around. In a nutshell, I have gone through another break up. I feel like it's outta proportion. This one was after 4 years, it comes on the heels of 2 marriages, one very short less than a year, the second 15 years, but ended badly with him in prison for molesting my daughter. In between and before the first marriage that didn't happen until I was 27, there were several other important relationships of which had break ups, some good, some just drifted apart. This breakup is already 3 months old, and I am still obsessing over what went wrong, and how to keep it together, while I have to function for survival.

I made it through the trauma dramas of the last marriage, and thought in the very least I had found a best friend. I think part of this is break up is dealing with some of the emotional trauma I set aside from that experience. I have never felt suicidal but definitely now feel like I want to give up. What makes me so unlovable? These thoughts are contribute to my anxiety and the abyss of depression so very dark.

I want to be happy, I want to move on, I want be loved, and love again. My anxiety is now affecting every aspect of my life, I can't focus at work, I can't even turn in an assignment in a timely fashion. I see that I am building walls so that isolation is my safe place. I am a gregarious person, so this feels alien and wrong to me. This last weekend it rained, I only got outta bed to let my dog out when ever she had to do her business. I am so very lost.

mbwillow1

Post by mbwillow1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Amazing video from the Don't Quit poem! I loved it. I love smiling- forgotten how little I smiled. I feel peaceful- not all the time- there are still days I struggle, but nothing is as important as it seems (responding to that work email, setting up the birthday party, etc).

My therapist describes my boss as "frenetic". DIctionary.com says:
fre·net·ic
   [fruh-net-ik]

–adjective
frantic; frenzied.

I am conquering my need for approval from her.
I feel free!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”