Journaling

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
OneMoreTry

Journaling

Post by OneMoreTry » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:02 pm

I was wondering if someone could expand on the best techniques for journaling. I've kept a written journal for years, but I must be doing it incorrectly because it just makes me feel worse - I keep looping into the pain. Occasionally, I'll get some insight, but not much. I'm hoping that there is someone out there with more experience with the program than I (newbie) who can share the techniques that work the best for them. Thanks in advance.

Paisleegreen

Re: Journaling

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 pm

The best book that worked well for me was, Dr David Burns Feeling Good Mood Therapy books. Most recently as of a year ago, would be his 10 Steps to Self Esteem Workbook. I was able to wean off of anti-depressants after working through the 10 steps in about 10 weeks time. Paislee :mrgreen:

OneMoreTry

Post by OneMoreTry » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks for the reference. I'll check them out.

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi,
I just saw this post, or I would have responded earlier.

As far as techniques for journaling, try sharing some of your thoughts here, so we can offer our insight and lend support.
That is what I do, and I find the support I receive to be very, very uplifting and helpful.

I started a " dear diary" thread, if you are so inclined.....
XO
Loveslife

THH

Post by THH » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi,
I too just seen your post. Loveslife idea on posting has helped me as well. Give that a try.
Also in your work book, do the homework assignments. It was interesting to me, going back to the book and reading what I wrote the first time through. Some of my worries that seamed so big were really very tiny 2 -4 months from now. Some were laughable! For me it showed a pattern as to how I was making many small things appear very large. It gave me ideas to think about when something new would come up. Hope there is something in this that helps you.
;)

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”