Husband withdrawing

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
gidge980

Husband withdrawing

Post by gidge980 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:04 am

I went through the program several times over the course of three years, and I've seen tremendous positive results. I've changed in many positive ways. However, for the past 6 months I have seen negative changes in my husband to the point where now I am convinced he is depressed. His symptoms that I can see include irritability, negativity, pessimism, fits of rage over little things, disinterest in physical intimacy - including little 'good morning' kisses, fatigue, sudden dislike of job, expression of unhappiness, and lack of enjoyment of activities he used to enjoy. When I started to notice a withdrawal on his part from our relationship, I questioned him. Several times we've had these discussions. I finally suggested that he might be depressed, based on his descriptions to me of how he was feeling - guilt, wanting to be alone all the time, thoughts of death (but not suicide), lack of interest in our marriage, he brushed it off, then freaked out, and finally I have gotten him to agree to go see a professional therapist (I offered the CDs to this program several times and got no response). Recently he tells me our relationship has been a "trainwreck" and he doesn't know where it's going. That has me worried. Has anyone else that has gone through the program experienced something like this?
Last edited by gidge980 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paisleegreen

Re: Round 2

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Well, sound like he could be reacting to the "new" you, but he does sound like he could be depressed or suffer from GAD as well.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”