Valentines day..not just for Romantic relationships

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
NinjaFrodo

Valentines day..not just for Romantic relationships

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Happy Valentines days guys!

I know that valentines day is promoted more for dating or romantic relationships but it really doesn't have to be. There are so many diffrent types of love out there so why limit it to just that. Make today a celebration of love itself, love yourself, love your friends and family and if you are courageous enough, your enemies too. Lets add more love to the world!

Today is my personal love day, why not make it yours as well.

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Re: Valentines day..not just for Romantic relationships

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Here is what I wrote to myself on Valentines day. It might seem cheese to some, lame or stupid but in reality loving oneself is probabbly the smartest thing someone can do for themselves. What supports productivity more? Hating yourself or loving yourself? What will help you enjoy life more, hating yourself or loving yourself? If you love yourself what kind of people are you more likely to attract into your life, happy ones or negative ones?

I love y determination to always keep going and never give up, I love my desire to give to the world and make it a better place and my willingness to see habits about me that are hindering me and to change them. I love the deep level of compassion I get to experience towards others and the wisdom I have to understand others and their pain. I love the knowledge I carry from the books I've read and the life experiences. I love how I can look at a negative situation and find the lessons within them and how I can learn very important things from such simple things. I love how I just seem to get the answers I need and how life gives me what I need to move forward and to grow. I love myself for sticking up for me when I went to the cops about my grandfather, I was the one who cared about me, I was the one who protected me and protected future victims. I love myself for doing what was right despite how people would react. That was very courageous of me and it's very courageous of me to work through the emotional issues that were created by my pain and suffering. I love all my little jokes and cute remarks, I love when I make someone feel better and when I help them relieve suffering. I love the person I am despite all the anxious feelings, all the mistakes I make and the struggles I have. I am doing what I can based on the limitations I have and I love how I am still trying and I love when I make progress, when I grow and improve. I love the person I am becoming, the person I want to be. I love that I can feel such strong love that I experienced a couple weeks back with that other guy even though the situation ended. I love the guidance that I recieve and the path that I'm going down, I love the new friends and people that are coming into my life and the new peace that is coming into my life as well. I love my new sense of hope and my new coping skills. I love the time I spend on making my life better. I am worthy of love from myself and others no matter what happens.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”