Just got my program kind of nervous!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Just Mommy

Post by Just Mommy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Well i'm kind of nervous, I just got my program today, and i've just been looking at it, i've opened it but haven't watched or listened to anything. Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a stay at home mom, I've worked on and off sense my son has been born. I love being a mom, and feel like if I want to go to work, then i'll be letting my son down, because that means I don't want to be here with him. The last time I worked he would cry everytime I left. It broke my heart everytime, and sometimes, when I got out to my car I would cry. So I quit. And right after is when I started having panic attacks, that was about a year ago. And i've been having them ever sense. We move alot, we're not the richest people so we often move for lower rent. I noticed recently that everytime we've moved sense this has been going on, my anxiety has only gotten worse. We moved right after Thanksgiving 2009. This last time was a breaking point for me. My anxiety has never been this bad. Ever sense I quit my job and this has been going on, I've had trouble going to the store, because i'm always scared that i'm going to have an anxiety attack. I don't have them that often, but i'm always in fear that i'm going to have one, if I go in the store or to someone's house, or get too far from my house, restuarant, movies, etc. My son starts school in August and I don't want to have to worry everyday when I take him to school that i'm going to have an anxiety attack. I'm already getting kind of worried and it's only March. His birthday is this summer and we have big plans, but i'm really nervous that i'm going to ruin is birthday this year. I constantly think before I walk out the door, "What am I going to do if I have an anxiety attack?". That's the question that's always on my mind. I feel like I don't want to be here, but i'm too scared to die. I feel sometimes that if I loved my son that should be enough to help me. I refuse to go to the doctor and take medication. I don't even like to take tylenol. My husband wants another baby but i'm too scared. Because I know that i'd have to leave the house to go to the doctor. My husband wants to help me but he really doesn't know how. He's never even had a panic attack. So he has no clue, he helps me the best way he knows how, and he is a great support system. I would like to hear some success stories and know if anyone else is or was in a position like mine. Thanks

Forgot to add
When I have anxeity attacks, I feel really hot, my hands sweat, feel like i'm going to pass out or die. Also feel like i'm going to vomit or can't breath. Everytime before I walk into a store I always look down to see if i'm wearing pants, I don's know why, I always feel like i'm forgetting something.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

I got my program yesterday and all i could do is just look at everything and i got really overwhelmed that there was to much information for me to handle.But i did get this so i could help my self and overcome my anxiety.So today i read the introduction and watched lucindas first dvd and checked out the relaxation cd.Im just gonna take this program one day at a time and foillow the schedulke.ive been dealing with panic disorder for over 4 years.Im scared to really go anywhere>i dont go a day without having atleast 2 panic attacks>most of the medications ive taken have made my condition worse>but im ready to be free of the anxiety and panic.im really confident that this program can help me.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:03 am

I am in my second week and agree that the program looked overwhelming. I was tempted to send it back. Now I'm glad I started. We have to convince ourself that our problem didn't happen overnight. Our personal problems took years to develop and have overwhelmed us also. It seems like so much to comprehend but we need to be patient and take it one day at a time. I am not doing a crash course but rather taking as much time as I need. I will take a day off the program to meditate my progress. If I'm not sure of something I review a subject. Keeping a journal has been a great help for me.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”