Anxiety, Depression & Sleep

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:58 pm

That sounds like a great idea. You also might consider joining a volunteer group. It would give you some responsibilities without necessarily having the same pressures that a job has. From some of your other posts I understand that you would like to help out other people so that may give you the opportunity to do that and give yourself some self fulfillment at the same time.

Jamie

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:36 am

Good ideas, I think i'll just stick with the job idea and going to the gym for now...don't wanna overwhelm myself too much.

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 am

Sorry for the confusion, Mike. I was suggesting volunteering and an option in lieu of getting a job. I'm certainly not discouraging you from working, I was just throwing out some ideas. You're absolutely right about not overwhelming yourself. Start out slow and work your way up.

Jamie

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:13 pm

well i appreciate the advice. Ya i guess i misunderstand what you were saying. I am getting money coming in but i still worry about finances so i think the job route would be a good idea. I guess i can't really recover without a job...too much time thinking about how i don't have much to do.

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Day 7
Well I didn't get to bed at the time i wanted to and i actually forget why but i figured i'd take a bit of a diff approach. Instead of saying i have to be in bed by a specific time and then beat myself up, I'm going work on breathing and relaxing techniques. So the primary goal will be to impliment the relaxation before sleep but still get to bed between 10-12. That leaves some breathing space but still waking up at 8am. Also catching negative thoughts on a daily basis too.

Mike

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:40 am

Day 8
Didn't get to sleep until 1:30am but i used breathing techniques and the relaxation cd before i went to bed. I was able to fully calm myself before sleep and well today, I feel less irritable and a little more inclined to do activities, I also feel a little less anxious. I still have anxiety, dizzy, bewildered and light-headed feelings but they aren't bothering me as much.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”