Anxiety, Depression & Sleep

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2010 4:49 pm

definately not getting to bed on time tonight...worked out way too late and then ate sugar before the hour long walk home...oh well. Not going to give up though.

MIke

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2010 5:47 pm

Hey, Frojo, you're just having a "too much fun fit". I have faith in you you'll get back on track!

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2010 5:55 pm

i'm just getting frustrated but thank you, i'll make sure i get back on track

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:26 am

Day 5
I made the mistake of working out late..I finished at about 10 and still had to walk home. I was really strongly craving sugar so i gave in and got some 5 cent candies and ate about 25 of them. I walked home and still did't feel like i could just get myself into bed, i had to wind down...ended up staying up until 2am and now i'm just really exhausted, i don't want to do anything or go anywhere and I got many negative thoughts going on in my head right now but i can't give up!

Mike

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:38 pm

No big deal, Ninja. It's just another learning lesson. First lesson, working out late at night doesn't work so well. Second lesson, skip the 5-cent anxiety inducers. Tomorrow's a new day and you get another chance to try again. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

Best of luck,
Jamie

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:50 am

I wouldn't have worked out that late cept that I have been slacking on my workouts. The candy was just stupid on my part and i knew that before i decided to buy them. You are right though, I do get to try again the next day.

Mike

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:54 am

Day 6
Got to sleep around 11:30 this time mostly because i ate around 9:30ish and i didn't want to go to sleep with food still digesting. I also did some hip-hop but didn't workout after this time. I went to bed pretty exhausted and well today, I feel a little more hopeful and a bit less irritable but still pretty irritable and that sense of rush is there too. I think i might try to nap sometime in the early afternoon.

Mike

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Hey Mike -

I was curious about your daily routine. I know the time I had the most difficulty with my sleep is when I took leave from work because of my anxiety and agoraphobia. Because I didn't have a regular schedule and there weren't things that I had to do at regular times I fell into some very poor sleeping habits. There was also the sense of a loss of purpose that was running beneath all of the more obvious issues. Once I started phasing back into work (which I'm still in the process of doing), my sleeping got somewhat better although it's still far from great. Can you relate to this at all and does it give you some ideas? I don't know the specifics of your situation and am just trying to share some thoughts.

Take care,
Jamie

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:10 pm

There aren't many things i have to do but i go to the gym almost every day. Theres yoga and hip hop classes at the gym but and i workout as well but then thats it...walking to and from the gym burns 2 hours. Other than that i'm on the comp or visiting people. I do have that feeling like i have no purpose but thats when i'm not going to the gym. I might actually get a part time job at a coffee shop for now.

Mike

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:58 pm

That sounds like a great idea. You also might consider joining a volunteer group. It would give you some responsibilities without necessarily having the same pressures that a job has. From some of your other posts I understand that you would like to help out other people so that may give you the opportunity to do that and give yourself some self fulfillment at the same time.

Jamie

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”